my new map ESF_desert..

Best answers
dont think u gonna see new butiful map all i can say this map is giant! i mean big probaly make some bad FPs to 200Kb modem however it my first big progect map :p it not compltete and i compile it only for test yit about 15 min compile on my pentium 4 pc ... ok time for some pics hope u love and u dont see in the pics to mach of vertex minpolition
first pics :pP
seconed pics
last pics
well that about it let me know what u think remeber.. it my first big map like this i made some small crapy maps before ... :p

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
For a first map, it's not too shabby.
Just try to work on texturing a little bit. Scale the textures on the cliffs up, you can see where they repeat, and make sure they all match up correctly.
And FPS isn't determined by your internet connection, it's your CPU power. It doesn't look like it would make very bad FPS, because there isn't a whole lot of detail.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
no offense, but its bad. its ok for a first try but you really should get familar with the triangle or 224ร‚ยฒ/ร‚ยณ method ... there should be a tutorial in one of the stickies about the (most common) triangle method. if its not there, you can find the same tutorial in the dmz forums. (srry but i forgot who made it >_<)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
no offense, but its bad. its ok for a first try but you really should get familar with the triangle or 224ร‚ยฒ/ร‚ยณ method ... there should be a tutorial in one of the stickies about the (most common) triangle method. if its not there, you can find the same tutorial in the dmz forums. (srry but i forgot who made it >_<)
I made it! ><

Well, it ceratainly kicks the crap out of my first map. But, if you are getting low fps, then maybe you are doing a bad compile. Check the tutorial I wrote. It is in the Mega Thread of Mapping section. It is in the bottom under "Valve Hammer Tutorial". You should skim through it or else read it all :D

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
yeah .. it was you ^__^
And PsYChiC-t, read it carefully since you gotta handle the triangle technique to make good maps ;)

Optional ... clean your pm box! >_<

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Cleaned it all out...

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks alright for a first map, with my first map though, before I released it I tried all the tools, clip, carve, using texturing and took some critz from others. That way, I learn and I can have a nice final product. But it is always hard to make a good first map when you base it on terrain :(

Best answers
yea i think it looks pretty good for a first map, but ive been doing wut shadows said , im playing with everything, the only problem that i have is compiling, ur lucky that u can compile it, its pissing me off so much, that im ready to give up...

Best answers
about that triangle thing where is the tutorial of this...
realy i didnt found it

Best answers
ok ok i try to.. do some of the triangle thing and this waht came out :pP pertty crapy :D hope u will like it also i add some close up pics form the old desgein even so i dont think it much good from last time hope u like it :L

3 out of 10

4 out of 10
5 out of 10

6 out of 10
7 out of 10
8 out of 10

9 out of 10

10 out of 10

now i hope u like it more... after some improve :DD hmmm i know it loook bad but i'd try to do whole map useing trainge system .... hmmm i dont knoow... i hope u like my new look of my clip..

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to connect it all so it "flows", if you know what I mean, its not just random triangles that are shifted a bit. Try connecting them and making it look more realistic :)

Oh a good reference map for that is esf_cell_day, has some nice looking terrain.

Best answers
yea u need to make it all connect together. that just looks like an earthquake hit ur orignal map

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom