My mind about Beta

Best answers
Since I don't have Internet access right now [writing at a friend's currently] I could only test the Beta in "Singleplayer" (playing alone on a LAN-Game). Due to the same reason I don't have the time to read all posts about the beta, I'm afraid. So I'm simply gonna write everything I noticed.
@Team: Some of these are just details, but could be fixed easily. Which ones you fix, is your decision of course.

.) Beams can still be exploded
.) Solar Flare can be done more than once
.) Piccolo and Cell should have Regeneration
.) Your current KI should be displayed, not your max.
.) The Disk-attacks should not just appear when you got enough KI in it, they should grow from hardly anything to big
.) Piccolo's scatterattack (or however you called it in the manual) is missing
.) Since Akimbot stopped supporting ESF, there should be an own Bot included, since this is done in some other mods, it shouldn't be a problem.
.) If there are no Bots being included, maybe some kind of "Training" should be in. Some Targets to destroy, Some Beams to struggle with...
.) In esf_kami I think you should not be able to stand on the "ground" below the palace-plateau. Maybe you should die or something (probably someone who has time for it should make a poll about this, plz)

That's it for the moment. I think it sounded quite disappointed, so I have to tell you (just to dismiss any misunderstanding):

GREAT WORK GUYS! I MEAN I! THE BETA IS (even with these little bugs) THE BEST GAME EVER! REALLY! GO ON LIKE THIS!

*calms down*

Ok. I guess that's all for the moment

Best answers
Beams explode for a reason. It's a tactical thing. They dont explode in powerstruggles.

Piccolo and Cell will have regeneration.

Your current ki is displayed as a blue bar. The numerical value is insignificant.

The discs from the show appeared from nothing later one. An example would be Krillin firing 3 Kienzans at Freeza in The Namek Saga.

Piccolo's scatter attack is present. It looks like standarf ki blasts, but you have to hit right click for them to all close in on one spot.

Our bot will be released in the coming weeks.

esf_kami is fine for now. The game is a beta ya know. :p

JeS

Best answers
heh true vegeta is beta but he just gave a good honest opinion of the mod and certain things he noticed which this mod or any mod could use to help better themselves :)

Best answers
Well... the post was directed to the team... so I felt obligated to answer them. So I did. :p

Best answers
First to say: Thank you, Vegeta, for answering. It would be nice, if one of the team would answer all threads as fast as you did.

Concerning my false informations (beam-exploding, scatterattack...) i am sorry, but I couldn't struggle since my web doesn't work, I told you.

Finally (and the most important thing I wanted to say): I noticed the insignificance of the ki-number, this was the reason for my critic. I think it'd be better like it was in alpha and like it is with health even in beta. Don't you think so?

Best answers
i hav my own opinion about beta. (i know its just the beta but you should consider this opinions for future releases)
1-Gohans masenko should be called masenko, not "power beam"
2-I havent seen piccolo use a masenko in the series (or did he?), i think his 2d power its called sth like "gekiretsudokan" (jap), if you have another dbz game, you should know what im taking about
3-I think piccolos trans is too simple, i was thinking about it, and an idea came to my mind: piccolos first form wearing the white cloak, and the helmet kinda thing, and when he trans, he takes off the cape and the helmet, throwing them to the floor. what do you think? well, at least thats what he always do in the series

If you didnt understood a word i said, this is what i meant:
http://www.geocities.com/ssj_gonick/piccolo.html

Sorry for my english. its not my local language

Best answers
Yes, well, Masenko and power beam are pretty much the same thing. And yes Piccolo does use it, also, I like your idea for a transformation with Piccolo.

Best answers
First: I like the coat-no coat-transformation idea quite well!

Second: Some more points of critic:
.) If Vegeta does a Gallitgun while standing on the ground, he moves like he would be flying. I don't remember how he moved in the shows, but i'm not sure it was like this
.) VERY IMPORTANT: Your KI should not be reset if you change playerclass. Maybe it should be decreased a bit, so that people do not always change. But full reset is too much!
.) Since there are many people like me who never found any sensubean yet, maybe those should be made better-visible
.) Maybe there should be "cheats". No, not what you think of. I mean some kind of "testing mode", where you can cast the dragon by typing something into console while sv_cheats is 1 or something. If you don't like it, forget it, it's not that important
.) There are still some sounds I don't like. Of course, I know neither the japanese nor the english voices, but some "spells" (what they say when doing an attack) are quite bad I think (for example: Vegeta-Final Flash; Vegeta-Gallitgun)
.) I am missing Trunks' sword attack. Someone said it'd be in beta...
.) In the character menu in Piccolo's description the scatter-attack is missing

@my own suggestion about the KI-bar-labeling:
Probably both numbers should be shown; max and current

I'll give you a post if I find something else I don't like.
Still the greatest game ever

Best answers
The piccolo cape thing has been suggested more than once. I support it as well. Something as little as a turban and a cape goes a long ways.

JUST GIVE THE NAMEK A TURBAN AND A SEXY CAPE AND WE WILL LOVE YOU ETERNALLY

Best answers
Thanks Piccolo for voicing your opinion... Doesn't happen as often as I'd like in this straight forward GRAMATICALLY CORRECT fashion.

Simple defect in the animation system that will be fixed.

It was something we implemented so people couldn't start as buu then switch to gohan and have the pl to transform.

Sensu beans need to be set by the server admin. They will appear if he has set them to.

I'm sure people would find a way to circumvent the basic system to exploit the cheats, so dont't hold your breath on that one :p.

Theres a Japanese Sound Pack coming soon, you might like those sounds.

Trunks sword attack was not included in the beta.

Piccolo's Scatter Attack is available, just due to human error it was not included in the description. :)

The number overlapping your kibar is not total ki. That is your powerlevel bar.

Best answers
i belive the number in the ki bar is your power level .. not your ki number

Best answers
3-I think piccolos trans is too simple, i was thinking about it, and an idea came to my mind: piccolos first form wearing the white cloak, and the helmet kinda thing, and when he trans, he takes off the cape and the helmet, throwing them to the floor. what do you think? well, at least thats what he always do in the series

Those are caled: turban(hat) and namekian cape(cape)

Best answers
but i see that as a point less transformation. I mean he needs to have a certain power level to take off his cape and hat (transform)? Why couldnt he just take it off to begin with?

Best answers
about the ki numbered, i dont see how they can say that you get ten ki for 100 pl or 1000 ki for 10 pl i wouldnt see where they would pull the ki numbers out of. They arent necesary just look at how much of the bar is gone when you fire something.

Best answers
The numer in the KI bar is your POWERLEVEL
the meter shows how much ki u have left
doesnt have anything to do with eachother

Best answers
my brother said the number in his Ki bar increases and decreases as he uses ki, and when he saw mine he said mine was different with just the max PL number.

what is it meant to have? I asked this in another thread but i lost it and couldn't see if it got answered.

The Picollo trans was suggested ages back, months ago, but they never put it in. I still think he should have the weighted clothing. Another suggestion was to have weighted clothing as an ITEM, you pick it up and put it on and it makes you slower, but it makes your PL increase faster. I liked this idea, but I dont know if it was taken as something to add later on. It would bump the number of models and skins up too. In fact, probably make it go up too much for all of the transformations. (Or they could just make it so you have to be in your original form to use weight clothing??)

Best answers
@SS_Vegeta about the characterchange-pl-thing:
Maybe it should be a matter of per cents. so if you start with boo, then 1 500 000 is 100%, and if you increase it for example to 3000000, which would be 200% then, and change to Gohan, you should have 200% of HIS starting KI and so on. Know what I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom