my mass effect re....... DISC UNREADIBLE...... ****

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just barely 4 hours into mass effect, i get a "disc is unreadable" error.

i noticed it was spinning the disc alot more than most games, and was having more and more trouble loading the normal maps on time, but i just figured the cache was getting clogged up as it did on oblivion.

and wouldnt you know it, 3 or 4 separate groups of radial scratches in different places around the disc. Since purchase the game has not left my 360, the console has not been moved once, and i have not played for an extensive amount of time, 2 hours tops.

reading up on the xbox support site, i learned that they do not take responsibility for discs that were destroyed by their hardware, GEE THANKS MS THATS 65 BUCKS ILL NEVER GET BACK.

worst part is, now i cannot purchase any new games for my 360 and i cannot play the ones i already own for the fear of it destroying those too, i essentially have a 400$ paperweight with 10 or so 70$ accessories just laying about.

its easy to say "its just a game", screw that. Ive wasted nearly a grand on these ****tards

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i question how you cant take all this back. the xbox should still have the 3 year warrenty if you've gone over your origional purchase's warrenty, and mass effect you should have no problem just returning to the shop.

either way not being able to play mass effect will do you good o:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my ps3 has never destroyed a single disc, and i've had it since launch =]

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I am leaning to PS3... would hate to miss out on KotoR 3 or Mass Effect, but 360 seems to be a box of warranty hell.

There's always the PC port of those two titles. (I hope)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my ps3 has never destroyed a single disc, and i've had it since launch =]
As opposed to my PS2, which destroyed all of my old PS1 games and a code breaker. Oh yeah, then there's the fact that my PS2 mongled itself. BTW, a freind who has a PS3 since launch had issues with PS2 and PS1 games in it, it scratches the crap out of them at times.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've not had any issues, but my old 360 scratched two different FIFA and Pro Evo discs that i bought, along with my LoK Defiance disc.

so yeah, i'll stick with my ps3 =]

Best answers
i've not had any issues, but my old 360 scratched two different FIFA and Pro Evo discs that i bought, along with my LoK Defiance disc.

so yeah, i'll stick with my ps3 =]
Heh, you do that. My 360 has worked fine since I got it, no issues.

Nuttzy, just keep using your 360. It was probably a freak incident in your case if it hadn't happened before.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn nutz your not having luck with anything to do with the 360!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no im not =/, i picked the 360 because it seemed to have a bigger variety of games, (and that is was like 200 bucks cheaper than ps3 at the time) but its not even seeming worth the trouble anymore, id swap it for a ps3 right now no questions asked.

what if it chews up the only other game i play on it? id be up **** creek.

anyways i just returned mass effect back to the store, but seeing as they were sold out i couldnt get an exchange and got cash back, Im not sure what to do now. buy another copy? and PRAY it doesnt happen again? (this time ill be sure to buy it at a place with even some shred of a extra warranty on games)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, I am leaning to PS3... would hate to miss out on KotoR 3 or Mass Effect, but 360 seems to be a box of warranty hell.

There's always the PC port of those two titles. (I hope)
KOTOR 3 on mass effect is just a rumor, no official KOTOR 3 info has been released, at all. =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a good thing you can make backup copies of your games so you don't risk damaging them. Oh, wait...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dunno what to expect really,

called up the xbox guys and they are sending out a box for me to mail my 360 to them, but im worried they are just going to send me back the same unit after testing.

after all the console only ate the game after playing it for 3 hours straight, (and mass effect streams data, it doesn't pre-load, so thats 3 hours of constant loading) now if they sit down and test it out it will appear to be working just fine. (I know, because tested PSU on it afterwards but only for a short amount of time)

i explained the problem to them, that it chewed up a 70$ game and i wasnt exactly keen to the idea of trying out another game on it when it had just destroyed a brand new one, seeing as they are so expensive nowadays. So i can only hope they just send out a refurbished one and make mine someone elses problem =/.

in any case im writing down the serial # =P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is also for the PC, right? I'd get the PC version before I touched the console version, personally. That's why I'm not keen on XBox; by the virtue of the fact that XBox is made by Microsoft, any game they make for XBox is likely going to have a PC version as well, so why spend 400-whatever-dollars on a console that's known to have functionality problems when you can just buy the $50 disc for your PC? With the money you spend buying the console, you could easily beef up your computer to meet system requiremments if you don't meet them already, and not have to worry about warranties and crap like that...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really, that's like saying any game that comes out for the PS2 also comes out for the PSP. Some do, but not nearly all do.

Many 360 games never see a PC release, like Ace Combat 6, Armored Core 4, skate. But lots do, however it's not the majority that you seem to think it is.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mass Effect is made by Bioware, so it'll be ported over to the PC, along with any other triple A title out there. Other titles not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom