My Life Update (from an old esf staff member)

Best answers
Hello everyone!

It's been such a long time since I've visited the site and I still can't believe this mod is going strong. I use to be apart of the team back in the day....probably a good 6-7 years ago. The mod has really improved since I've last seen it and I just can't believe how much of a fan based has been created.

Everyone should really give props to Mastasurf because he is the one who made this happen... he's dedicated so much of his time to this project and the fans. Everyone should really appreciate how much work this guy has done (including everyone who has helped out).

A little update about my life:

When I left the ESF team I ventured off into the world of advertising and I have been going strong ever since my departure. I'm now currently the internet director for a large automotive advertising agency in fort myers, florida. I just recently bought a house out in lehigh acres, florida where I have built a home recording studio as i am also a music producer. Life has had it obstacles, but I've managed to overcome them and keep my head up when things get tough.

Along with advertising, I have also ventured into the music industry and created my own production company called "D-Rock Studios." My biggest gig was producing and recording guitar tracks for the band:

Day Minus 7
myspace/dayminus7

Life has been a great experience so far, and I know that if it weren't for ESF I wouldn't have gotten into the advertising industry and God only knows what i'd be doing today if it weren't for the great people here at ESF.

How has everyone been?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
One can tell you are in the advertising buisness XD

Im to new to know you but nice to hear that the recession isnt to harsh on you ^^

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm also a bit too new to know you, but nice meeting you regardless. What was your position on the team?

Best answers
Hey X, cool to see you back in here again, glad you're doing well, can't believe it has been 6 years already. I guess I stuck around long enough to become co-leader. Also got a position as PhD student at my university, so basically I'm a paid student now :)

If you're interested in joining us again, please get in touch, we're looking for artists, including a media guy (job description will be shown soon).

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm definitely too new to know or have even heard about you.

Welcome back though, it's nice to see ESF helped get you somewhere.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm... What was your original name on these forums?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Being that Hars said X, I'm guessing it's Xstortionist. Cool that you're doing well :)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm I think I may remember that name... Trying to remember if it was that or something else.

Best answers
Hey X, cool to see you back in here again, glad you're doing well, can't believe it has been 6 years already. I guess I stuck around long enough to become co-leader. Also got a position as PhD student at my university, so basically I'm a paid student now :)

If you're interested in joining us again, please get in touch, we're looking for artists, including a media guy (job description will be shown soon).
Harsen! Congrats on the Co-Leader! I forgot to mention your hard work! I'm glad to hear that you are doing good and congrats on the PHD position!

I might take you up on the offer for Media Guy. Let me know what it includes.

I'm not much of a 3d modeller anymore though. =(

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

my alias on the forums was:

xstortionist

for the ones who were asking.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright. Test out your skills and see what you got still. :p

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey dude, it's really great to see you here. You don't remember me, but I remember you. I was truly a fan of what you did back then... you did some pretty amazing stuff. Hopefully you'll take the Media position that we'll opening up soon, it'd be an honor to work with you. :)

Edit: I've given you Force Pit access. If you ever manage to get your old password back, let me know so I can grant you FP access on that account as well.

Last edited:
Best answers
Hey dude, it's really great to see you here. You don't remember me, but I remember you. I was truly a fan of what you did back then... you did some pretty amazing stuff. Hopefully you'll take the Media position that we'll opening up soon, it'd be an honor to work with you. :)

Edit: I've given you Force Pit access. If you ever manage to get your old password back, let me know so I can grant you FP access on that account as well.
Sweet! Thanks I appeciate the kind words.

I will check out the Force Pit and see how it is. I haven't modelled anything in like 4 years. I'm sure I could pick it back up though.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No you don't, Kong. Liar. All lies! :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Heya, X!

Good to see you stopping by again. I never remembered what conditions caused you to leave the community, but things were a lot more interesting in the community back when you were around (no offense to the current community; I might be looking on the past with rose-coloured glasses).

You missed the birthday thread I made you a few months back, heh :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Hey man, good to see you back :)

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So you are responsible for that grey red design that was just so awsome on the forums XD

Well hope you like our latest updates XD

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that was one of the default VB themes, but X, if you ever manage to create a theme that's similar to the Maroon theme, I'll love you. Forever.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
oh i actually remember you.
Before i registered i used to troll the forums and look around because i was to lazy to register. XD

Well great to see retired staff members coming back and maybe get out of retirement with newly improved skill :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom