My Josh character

Best answers
Maybe its just be but isn't or wasn't high school boring? Well 2 days ago, i started in 2nd period my made up character. It was Spanish....really boring, almost fall asleep in that class. And then i was able to continue the drawing in study hall and in Bio. Then i finished it at home. Here is the drawing:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/609/yeshs8.jpg

Its okay, nothin special. So then when i got home i scanned it to the comuter. and then used that as a ref for 3ds max to model him. I decided...hey, i'll call him josh for no specific reason. This is one model that i am going all the way. I even wanna give him a mouth, teeth, tounge, with a sock is it called? I plan on alpha mapping the hair. Any crits and suggestions/tips are welcome. i am not 100%if this will deform properly, if you see something that can cuase trouble later on please tell me. I want this to be perfect. I stands at 596 polies. Here are some screens of the 3d model:

Please, if you see anything wrong or bad or something that will make the model not deform properly or whatever you see wrong or bad, please tell me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, its just that we have a life besides ESF.

Moving along, from what I saw, it looks quite good. Could cut back on the leg polys, and shoulders need to be less rounder.

Best answers
No double posting... Dont expect anyone to answer in half hour.
The model looks cool and seems to follow the concept pretty accurately. I'm not an modeller expert or anything, so i cannot say anything about the deformations and such... I cannot say anything about proportions because it seems to have sometype of Chibi proportions.(Legs could be a bit longer)
So in the end i cannot say anything else than its looking good. :yes:

Best answers
Oops, i missed the AM/PM part. You posted the second post exactly 12 hours 33 minutes after the first one. Sorry about that...
But double posting is still against the rules.

Best answers
Ok, here is a little up date, neck and head welded to the torso. Next come the hands then i'll go uv map it and skin it. i also gotta model the mouth, i'll do that later.

Best answers
ok, i am getting ready to skin it, but would someone happen to know the best way to make his hair? I think i'll just make a few planes on his head and do alpha mapping. I think that would be the best to add all the detail into the hair. I am also going to turn this into a high poly model in the end. and i am hoping i can make like a little cartoon of him in the end. That would be cool.

Best answers
Sounds good, and looks good scope:).. Keep up the good work

I'm looking forward to the result for this

Best answers
Update(hands):

all the basic stuff is done with the model. All need now is the hair. then i'll get ready to uv map it. I still did not decide if this will be a cel shaded model or a 3d model. (well.....both are 3d in a way lol). Also the mouth is in that screen but obviusly it is not shown cause the mouth is closed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice creation, looking foward to seeing the finished product.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your drawing looks better then your mesh, you should try to find a polyflow for you drawing style,

personalism = professionalism

cuncurently the mesh realy looks wrong.... especially the hands are to tinny for a kid, kids have mostly more bigger and chubbier hands.

Best answers
mesh looks wrong, where? right now i am just putting planes in his head for the hair is. I'll see what i can do about the hands.

Also, i would like to know if this model, just by the looks of it and in the wireframe looks like it'll deform properly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm sry may i really was to harsh,

nway the pants ,arms and head look kinda wrong, you will see if you look up other polyflows and compare them to yours.

uhm as for your question, i think no, but if you would show a real wireframe from the back and not a flatshade from the 3/4 view we will answer for sure.

a human body is more dynamic then anything else, so its modeling way is. its not very simpel to create a good mesh, you may wont see it now, but in a few motnhs maybe.

Best answers
um, the wireframs are in the first post.:) i was talking about those, by looking at them if you could see. i personally think the arms are fine, but i would agree that the head is too messy. I'll try to fix that. As for the pants, i'll see what i can do about that. thanks for the saying the problems:) But i would have to say this is more cartoonish, but i also want this to turn out really good.

update - pics you guys wanted to see. NOTE:*i am still not done with the hair*:

Best answers
hmmm, what do you mean non mutated? do you mean a more smaller and more human like head?

does anyone know what the heck is going on? When i go look at me head, the verts are broken up. so say one vert = 4 or 5 verts and i have to keep welding them. It seems like i fixed it but like later on it is still there. Its getting me soooo mad.

EDIT: never mind, i found out what was the problem.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He means the shape, it does look a bit mutated ;x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom