My ideas C:

Best answers
Oh hey guys I just dropped by to give you some of my ideas. I really think you should add them to ESF if possible! I hope they'll help you create a better mod.

First of all i appologize if some of these have been discussed before. Secondly, I've seen a lot of 'eye-candy' suggestions, as in: Oh oh i wanna masturbate over those new animations, or omg give us better shaders or w/e. So I've wanted to contribute something which might help make the gameplay much more fun, among the suggestions im about to give.

Anway to start off, I'll give some basinc info on why you should add the following. Globally we all love stuff we cant have right? I mean when you were kids your parents probably wouldnt let you play pc games too much or at least not untill you do your homework, right? So you just HAD to do the stuff you're asked to, in order to get the fun stuff! Its something that just makes you wanna do it. The point im trying to make is why not let ESF players work for some stuff in-game? Perks, milestones, and profile tracking is what i'm at. As well as upgrades!

Player Profiles - I believe every player should have his/her own profile, which tracks on how many milestones you've completed, how many kills/deaths you had, your longest kill streak etc. People like to brag with these things, and i loved it in Call of Duty 4 personally, its something that'd be nice to have imo.

Character profiles - It'd be nice to create character profiles with perks. Something like the item system in budokai games...I think this would be nice for custom models too, and might even inspire the community to create them! Think about it - Throw in a goku folder in the mod, with two-three goku models inside (ex: normal base model, no red shirt model, yadrat armor model). Once you're ingame, creating a custom character profile, you should be first asked which character you're making it for - pick goku. select one of the models you've got in the models/goku/* folder. Next you should be asked to pick perks - something like the call of duty 4 perks which you unlock trough the game. a leveling up system would come in handy here (or if you guys are lazy enough just throw in a kill tracker with a number of kills required for each perk or something). Anyway you should be able to pick like 3 perks for a character you're building. Ex: Faster ki recharge perk, homing ki-blasts, more hp perk, stronger meele, stronger blasts, instantous movement (the thing they use a lot in the anime thats kind of like instant transmission, only for shorter distances, and faster - use it exhcange for high-speed-swooping) etc etc (imagine what you could do!). And finally, you should be able to name your profile the way you want it, and pick a slot to save it to.

Leveling system

Yeah if you have a profile you should be able to level it up, to unlock more perks, or just for the heck of it become a bigger lvl fighter. You could play around with kill streaks and stuff that give you more XP, etc etc. By killing someone, gathering the dragonballs you should get some XP...

Attack upgrades

Depending on your ingame powerlevel you should be able to have different attacks. For instance if you're stuck on 100.000 pwlvl you should do a normal kamehameha. at for instance 500.000pw you should do a kaioken-kamehameha (bigger, stronger, etc.), once you reach 1mil powerlevel you should do an even bigger kame, making it unblockable for opponents who didnt reach the powerlevel required for them to transform into ssj. once you reach ssj 2, ssj1 opponents shouldnt be able to block your blast, and so on. Or at least give you a bonus on power struggle. You could save up attack spots this way (avoid having one handed saiyan saga spirit bomb and a big namek spiritbomb, but instead making you have to 'work for the attack'). (yeah you could make the right click a dragonfist instead, like in the movie - goku absorbed the spirit bomb etc etc.
Ki blasts could become faster/stronger as you reach bigger powerlevels, etc.

Anyway i think that would make the game much more fun without you having to code thsoe long-lined ragdoll physics, better graphics, etc...Its rather simpler but more fun imo. It'll keep peeps playing longer for sure.

Perks is my personal favorite imo. If you do it it would be nice to have 3 types of perks:

Character perk - More mana/speed/hp/faster charge (pick one or two of those, your call) / etc
Attack perk - faster attack charge/ struggle bonus / homing balls /etc (pick one or two of those, your call)
Special perk - Start at 1mil powerlevel / lssj perk (basically make every saiyan character into a broly, with, of course the absence of other tranformations - make goku turn into lssj instead of ssj, but requires mor than 1mil pwlvl, and you cant later reach ssj2,3 - it should have its bonuses however) /etc (pick only one of these) ---you could also throw in unique perks here for every char, for instance - how many people wanted bardock to become ssj? throw in a perk just for him! or ssj3 perk for vegeta. people would jizz over this!

Tenkaichi mode I think it'd be awesome now that we have huge maps to have a duel mode. Basically the server should select a certain area of a map to play on, and some rules (tenkaichi budokai rules - dont hit the ground or you're out. or no ki blasts, etc etc whatever you choose - or no rules duel mode) Much like the duel mode in Star Wars: JKA. 10 people join a server for instance, and 2 of them are playing while others spectate. The winner keeps fighting the next person, till someone reaches a kill limit and the game is over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Your everyday suggestions:

battle damage - make custom animations for 20- hp, slow down your character, etc etc. that'd be nice, it'll affect your gameplay. Also i'd love to see some desperation attacks once in the 20-hp state. Vegeta - blow the f*ck up (for instance). sure players would be able to go emo and cut theirselfs till they bleed and then use desperation attacks. but throw in the desp. attacks as a special perk, that'd be insane! and once this perk is active, remove the self-damage option. (dont let your own ki-bubbles or team-mates be able to harm you once this perk is active). I'd love to see some scratches on my hurt gohan! Id like to hit people and leave a mark! Not always though and depending on the power of the attack. Bruises should differ.

Blur (dont know if its in already) - once you strafe your mouse left-right, id like to see the screen blurred, or once you hit hard enough.

Slow down time once you get hit with a hard meele attack in the stomach for instance, it'd be nice to see the hit zoomed-in and in slowmo! pretty beautiful if I may add.

Thats just from the top of my head. im sure i know more, ill be updating this thread if you wouldnt mind guise.. :love: Im loving ESF currently. keep up the good work. CYAZ! :cool:

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has levels (transformations) and you get more attacks with each ascendant form.

Also, from the experience of using Warcraft 3 mods in CS 1.6 and MW2 on console, having perks do invite a lot people who don't attempt to get better at the game to remain interested.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Character profiles are admittedly a fairly interesting idea, along with the perks. One question, where will the data be stored? Client-side just begs to be hacked, server-side leaves it open to admin abuse and some sort of global stats server might be a little more difficult to set up. Although a way to avoid it could be to have all unlocked and being allowed to select 1 or 2. It would be kind of cool, individualizing yourself to suit your playstyle.

I'm afraid that ones involving alternate models or different transformations would require a lot of work, and with that work having them as a bonus (e.g. SSJ3 Vegeta) would seem silly. The team also want to stay fairly true to source material, so some ideas are a no-no.

A Tournament mode is already planned, a quick search of the word "tournament" can confirm it ^^. Battle damage has been requested before, it's been discussed a lot, but it's generally been established as "nice but too much work".

About visual effects, the team are on the ball. If you've seen the videos, you'll know what to expect and more!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno... Feels like these ideas don't really fit in ESF. I dunno... It just won't be ESF to have profiles and ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That got me thinking. Imagine how awesome ESF would be on a console, with HD graphics. I know it's not going to happen, but damn that would be awesome.

Best answers
Crosseye it wont affect anything, just kind of keep track of stuff you did trough the game. As for perks, they would make you an unique playstyle. That would make the monotomy die. - thats very important imo, i just wont be playing a game for years to come if its the same thing again and again - i dont want a WoW game lol - its so damn boring imo...level up - kill (using the same killer pattern every time, hitting buttons 1-2-1-2-5-2-1 lolololol). Those games bore so damn much...however its your call. im just suggesting ;)

Oh i forgot about milestones:

I think it'd be nice to have milestones ingame just to show-off, or well integrate in the leveling up system (for instance reach the 100 kills milestone and earn 2000 exp to level up your profile). Imagine having the ''Android killer milestone'', once you've killed 200 androids ingame/online, you earn this milestone.
Another cool thing to do with this would be kind of like IRL army ranking and medals. It would be cool to have an option in the character profile mode to ''stick'' a layer of a certain ''milestone medal'' on your character so you can show off like this guy:
Code:
 [IMG]http://www.armytimes.com/xml/news/2007/11/army_medals_faker_071125/Anthony_Calderone_800.JPG[/IMG]
. So let each milestone have a logo which you can stick on your character model in the character profile mode...

Oh, thanks Dokutayuu, you could ban hackers? Easily set a time-played tracker to each player's stats. xxx days xx hours xx minutes played. And set different goals you have to do in order to reach a higher level/a milestone. ex: In order to Be level 50 ingame you have to play a certain number of hours online (which is tracked on the server) and have 100k exp ingame - which you earn by killing other peoples, achieving badges/milestones, etc.
AS for the ssj3 vegeta perk and the other ''AF stuff'' i was merely suggesting and giving ideas on what you could do. It would be crazy. I was just giving an example on the character-specific special perk system.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure if you should get real experience. Might make ESF a bit too RPG-ish. But maybe it could work with just your amount of kills. I personally like that Perk system, and as said, it would make the game more interesting for non-hardcore players, myself included. That said, it does bring some extra problems with it. Client-side saving is a big no-no due to obvious hacking. Serverside will result in some admin abusing his powers.

That leaves one more possibility that I can see, of which I am not certain it is possible due to Steam. And most likely because the team will probably find it too much work. But you could get the game to connect to a master server on which all profile data is stored. It would have to be maintained by someone of the team though, and it would need some heavy hack protection, and spam protection. That said, as this is the final release the team is working on (and they will probably move on to a completely different project), I don't see this happening. Unless the team would give some active community member(s) access rights to this master server as well (in order to fix problems/maintenance/etc.).

Best answers
well i hope you guys decide to put in the char profiles so i can change trough different costumes for every character and add perks to make the game more interesting maybe milestones too. that'd be awesome

EDIT:

Oh one more thing i'd like to see in is screen shaking and screen-leaning! Ever played NFS: Underground 2? I loved how once you're going fast enough, that when you pass by a car the screen leans towards the car to show off how fast you're going. that'd be really awesome imo, as well as to see the screen shake once someone passes by you in a high speed swoop

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do realise that you are comparing features from games that came out after 2005 to a game that came out in 1998 right.

Besides screen shake on swoop pass is nothing but anoying.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plus, a lot of those fancy effects where your screen 'leans' toward your enemy just wouldn't work in this game, it's too fast paced for that, while NFS is just an arcade racer. It would get annoying really fast.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody is attacking you, you know. We were just providing reasons why certain things may not/can not/will not be added in the game.

Last edited:
Best answers
but that's not right. they're MY ideas and MY ideas must be in. grr

j/k I know =p thanks anyway, hope you do add something though, bye

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Profiles and some sort of progression would be nice. Woundt mind getting bigger more powerfull spells over time. Client side, big no. Server side? Yes. Admin abusing? Dont play the server. Having a master server? Definatly better but can the dev team really do that? Server sided it definatly should be possible (looks at Lugor Mod).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why use a profile. Your STEAM ID is allready unique. Though im wondering. Wouldnt a master server end up well costing money. Not a good choice for a free mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with Grega. Your ideas seem more commercially viable than "free mod" viable.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well another thing would be STEAM works. Let the STEAM servers play as the master server, but Valve stated on multiple occasions that HL1 and its mods will not be part of STEAM works.

Best answers
okay well what about milestones and leveling up your attacks as you gain a bigger powerlevel ingame and perks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom