My Idea on the Time Machine

Best answers
Well, I personably believe that a Time Machine could be made. OK

2 Parents have sex, and you know the rest... the baby arrives. The doctor places a 2 mm camera inside each section of the body- the head the heart, the eyes, etc. These cameras have enough storage to film and record all of what is happening inside the baby, and outside of the baby(though the eyes). Anyway, they also have a tracking device that records what exactly happens at what exact day, month, year. They are also built to be protected from the organic parts in the human. My idea is that they would be placed in all human babies and kept till they die. If anybody wishes to return back to a certain moment, then that’s where it gets complicated. I believe that they would be able to remove all the cameras inside that person and in place it in a machine that will analyze and form the certain event that he/she wants to return back to, with the use of the recorded cameras. When its ready, the person will be put into a machine where he is put back in that desired certain time. He may wish to change things at that certain time under only a limited amount of time. When he arrives at that area, lets say 3 years back from the present time, then he will be three years younger, with the same exact health conditions at the time, with the same exact environment as recorded by the cameras that were placed in his body since his birth. I know this sounds pretty wacky, but I like the idea. The problem that I haven’t solved is that IF he/she changes a big thing, how will it affect his present time when he/she returns back.

Any Comments and thoughts would be appreciated!

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The "Big one"(earthquake) + Oil Crises = Human race in the endangered species list = No Time Machine..
...You're eh.. 'theory' is not logical anyways..

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I have to say.. that's one of the most horrible ideas I've ever heard of. O_O

I mean you haven't really said how you'll break the barrier of time travel. The only thing you've really gone into detail about is violating babies with dozens of 2 mm cameras. And then violating peoples' corpses getting them out again. And if a person wished to trravel back he'd have to undergo extremely serious surgery to get the cameras out.

It just seems like an extremely painful and violent method of time-travel.

Retired
Best answers
I agree with Engar, it's not even time travel. and the way it's done..is just impossible

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So are you talking about "actually going back in time?" Or just changing the major organs of the body to a previously recorded state to simulate having your age reduced? How would you even do that, anyway? You can't just go to the doctor and say "make my heart like it was when I was sixteen, I've been eating too much McDonald's lately." Sure you can get yourself a triple bypass, but you can't defy nature or the aging process.

I've had many discussions about time travel with friends and others, and what I've concluded is what seems to me the most possible.

It's not possible to go back in time. Atleast, not like most people would think. There can never be a Back to the Future-style machine where you set a date and *poof* you're there. You can, however, see back in time. Look at the stars at night. You're seeing light that came from them thousands or millions of years ago, depending on their distance from us. Many of the stars you see in the night sky aren't even there anymore, they either phased out into white dwarfs or went supernova ages before we see them now.

What you can do, is go forward in time. The faster you travel, the quicker time seems to pass for you (another reason why I believe time itself is just an illusion, but that's an idea for a later time). Proving Einstein correct, atomic clocks have been synced down to the nanosecond. One goes on a trip in a high-speed jet, another stays down here on Earth. Upon returning, the clock in the jet is slightly off! By a tiny amount of course, milliseconds if even, but the faster the jet goes, the more its clock, and the "clock" of anyone traveling in it, is off.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
There is a theory that while you can never travel back to your past, you could slip into an alternate time-lines past. It's a way of countering the 'Grandfather' theory in which your actions in the past cancel out your place in the future. So time travel isn't really possible, just dimension hopping.

And before you ask, no I didn't get this from DBZ. I watched a documentry on time travel and they actually mentioned it as one of several theories. I was just as surprised to hear that Toriyama had lucked onto a supported theory. o_O

Best answers
SO you dont think that they will never invent a time machine? With this growing technology and everything? Who knows... you don't know scientists these days... they're becoming too smart :D

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you taken any physics classes? Pretty damn impossible to build a machine that could go back in time. And even with hundreds of 2mm cameras, it'd be only visual input, no touch/feely sense, no smell, no taste, no hearing. So even if that were feasible, it wouldn't work completely.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
neah the real TINE MACHINE has to bee like this : Have you noticed that in some movies the time machine is a ship that flyes very very fast around the world and they go in furure,past my ideea when we get advanced enought we build a ship extremmly fast and fly in the oposite direction thet the earth rotates around the SUN when the ship comes back they will be : forgot 2 tell : when the ships gets around the milkshape way (milkyway) to get - in the opposite direction of the earth for past - in the right direction REALLY FAST for the furure is this ideea suitable?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 Parents have sex,
Please. We have children on these forums (>_> <_<). Try to be less explicit.

and you know the rest... the baby arrives. The doctor places a 2 mm camera inside each section of the body- the head the heart, the eyes, etc. These cameras have enough storage to film and record all of what is happening inside the baby, and outside of the baby(though the eyes). Anyway, they also have a tracking device that records what exactly happens at what exact day, month, year. They are also built to be protected from the organic parts in the human. My idea is that they would be placed in all human babies and kept till they die. If anybody wishes to return back to a certain moment, then that’s where it gets complicated. I believe that they would be able to remove all the cameras inside that person and in place it in a machine that will analyze and form the certain event that he/she wants to return back to, with the use of the recorded cameras. When its ready, the person will be put into a machine where he is put back in that desired certain time. He may wish to change things at that certain time under only a limited amount of time. When he arrives at that area, lets say 3 years back from the present time, then he will be three years younger, with the same exact health conditions at the time, with the same exact environment as recorded by the cameras that were placed in his body since his birth. I know this sounds pretty wacky, but I like the idea. The problem that I haven’t solved is that IF he/she changes a big thing, how will it affect his present time when he/she returns back.
Where would these "cameras" get power from? How would this "machine" work? How would the baby survive being torn into shreds for cameras to be placed in every cell, in every chromosome, in points at any vein, etc? How would these cameras capture genetic changes?

This sounds so... no offense... stupid.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
There is a theory that while you can never travel back to your past, you could slip into an alternate time-lines past.
Yep, that's a common theory to atleast lay the foundation of time travel being possible. But it still doesn't explain how time travel would actually work. Nor does anything else, really. There isn't a tangible "time stream" that you can paddle against the current. There is, however, a "light stream" all around us. The requirement for paddling against the current of the "light stream," though, is to exceed the speed of light, something which even Einstein said wasn't possible for an object with mass to do. He's been right so far.

This is how I understand it would work, though: say you were able to exceed the speed of light, and you position yourself in space so that you could view Earth (and have powerful enough viewing instruments to zoom into city-overview resolution). You travel there at say 2c, and stop to take a look at the Earth. Depending on how far out you travel, you would look down on a city and see people walking around. But they're not actually there at the exact time you're seeing them! Due to your distance, and the fact that you beat the light that bounced off them to your position, you're just now receiving that light! It appears that you've gone back in time! It's the exact same concept as I mentioned earlier, of looking at the stars above to "see back in time."

Here's the problem, though. What about when you want to return to Earth? You'd target the planet, and travel back at the same speed you left, 2c. When you land in that city and look around, all of the people you saw walking around are gone! If you had taken a look out of your ship's window while you were on your way to Earth, you'd notice they drastically sped up, faster and faster as your ship accelerated. Just as time seemed to slow, stop, and play backwards as you approached light speed, matched it, and passed it, the same thing is now happening in reverse, since you're coming closer to the planet. Now you're getting the light much quicker, so it appears that time is passing much faster.

Just another reason why I personally believe time is nothing more than an illusion caused by light. "Time" is something we as sentient creatures invented to make sense of the world, and things we invent go through changes as we progress.

Meh, I could talk about this stuff for hours. <_>

Retired
Best answers
Dragondude, i've had the same thoughts about time. about how you just 'gain up' on time by traveling faster than the speed of light, and thus actually going back in time.

always interesting, however if you would lock your door for 2 weeks, and think about it non-stop you would go insane. because you simply will never find an answer ;)

Best answers
It is like Dragon Ball Z. Trunk's went in the past, and tried to change the future. Yet when he went back, everything was different. All of the things he did in the past only affected that timelines future, not his own.

I do not think you could go back in time anyway. What has already happened is no longer time, maybe it no longer has an existence. At least that is a rough "theory" of mine I have yet to elaborate on.

You are going into the future all the time. The future your thinking of would not be complete. Yet, your making future every millionths of a second. A really good theory for all of this is the Multiverse theory. Which to my knowledge states that every decision or choice creates another universe.

Say if you were faced with four decisions of, lets say... getting home. You can either walk, bus, bike, or train (or whatever transportation is available in your area). Lets say you decided to walk. Well the other three choices that you did not chose will make another universe to where you made one of the other three decisions.

You also have to consider that time was man made even though Einstein thought the 4th dimension was time. (As far as I remember.)

I hope it makes sense somewhat, and anyone feel free to correct.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people think of time as being the fourth dimension, and the way we think of time, it makes sense. Especially for things like graphs of action over a period of time, and other similar applications. I found a website a while ago that argues speed as the fourth dimension (briefly near the bottom), and the more I thought about that idea, the more it made sense. If you take a 2D circle and spin it so that it creates a sphere, it is now 3D. If you take a sphere and spin it about a point (think a planet revolving around its parent star) so that it leaves a solid trail, it creates a torus (doughnut-shaped object). In that respect, a torus is the 3D equivalent of a "4D sphere." If you wave a zero-dimensional dot left and right very quickly, depending on speed, it would appear to be a one-dimensional line.

I'm still not entirely sure about the concept, but it sounds pretty applicable and interesting to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
I agree with Engar, it's not even time travel. and the way it's done..is just impossible

not impossible at all, scientist have grown brains, and found them to express the ability to think, and manipulate their surroundings.

however, its not time travel at all, and all your doing is retarding someones mind. your taking their experiances from them, and putting them into someone elses mind. who would then have an identity crisis, and probably a psychological breakdown. your essentially destroying 2 lives.

especially seeing as the EM pulses given off by camera's in the cranium would almost certainly affect how the persons mind evolves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your idea makes absolutely no sense, lol. How in the world is that supposed to actually send someone into the past?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Your idea makes absolutely no sense, lol. How in the world is that supposed to actually send someone into the past?
Science IS growing... :rolleyes:

Anyways: On topic. You have to sit and think. This is for anyone with the machine theory (where you set the date). What if you go back in time, lets say, right when you left (couple seconds earlier) by some mistake. You'd go back in time, then set yourself to go back in time, to set your self going back in time, to set yourself going back in time! You'd be in an endless loop-hole. And that might cause a wormhole that would destroy ZE ENTIRE WORLD! MUAHAHAHA. :devgrin:

*ahem*. So thats my theory.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Science IS growing... :rolleyes:
Only for a while longer...

Future_SSJGohan said:
SO you dont think that they will never invent a time machine? With this growing technology and everything? Who knows... you don't know scientists these days... they're becoming too smart :D
(Don't read this post, read my signature for more amusement)

No, I'd say we have a few more year's of getting better technoligy, untill oil become's too expensive and stop making better crap, the scientists won't get any smarter as for our children, with bush as prez they'll be lucky to pass grade 10..
you're an example.. you JUST passed grade 10, congrats, thumbs down for making this thread though.. no offense, but the idea is ****ing stupid.. :no: go daydream some DBZ episodes.. or study.
Erm.. *Put's on the 'NO WARNING' vest* Don't take anything I said serously, I didn't mean any of it. :laff:

Best answers
You really do not need to be disrespectful. How do you expect anyone to learn anything if your not going to give constructive critisism? Do not blame anything on Bush since it is teachers that act just like the way you did towards a question that makes it hard for students like myself to pass school.

Sorry for the off-topic remarks.

Future SSJGohan: The whole camera thing is not really a good idea as it was previously stated. It can cause the body to become damage and affect it in the long run. And to do such a precedure is insane. I do see benefits other than time travel, as your leaning more towards a chronological video history. Including if such cameras were added, the person would have to get surgery to replace the battery cells.

You have to realize that if all of this happened then it would be a major privacy issue since most likely when the baby grows up they will never know about the cameras. And to dig up the graves would be very conterversial among many people.

Peace

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The camera thing is interesting, kinda immoral, but interesting..but then you leave out that huge gap that would actually be time travel. I PRAY that we neve learn such a potentially dangerous technique, because it is very vulnerable to exploitation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom