My Half-Life doesnt work anymore?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I recently upgraded my comp to vista because i wanted to see what it was like with dx 10 and all, but its really not all what its cracked out to be... obviously...

Well anyway, i kept most of my steam .gcf files so i wouldnt have to bother update all my steam stuff because hl2 and source stuff takes forever. Anyway, since ecx and other things started coming out, i decided to reinstall esf and openbeta but whenever i load it up, it just shows the screen and the backround and nothing else. This is what I get: (this picture is half-life, not esf for clarification, but it does the same to esf...)

its pretty ***. i was actually looking forward to playing esf and hl mods again. This happens to every hl1 thing i load up (meaning esf 1.2.3 i only get the splash and thats it and same with openbeta)...

If anyone has a solution for this, i would be extremely grateful...
I've already tried to delete the half-life .gcf file re-downloading it from steam...

Once again I'm running on vista home premium...

Thanks much for your help ahead of time.

Edit: and if you were wondering, my hl2 runs just fine... its just hl1 which is really making me mad..

Best answers
hmmm im running Vista Ultimate 64bit and i have not had any problems like this, and i even did what you did by backing up my Steam files so i did not have to download them again.

Did you make sure the files you backed up were not "Read Only" once you put them back? as mine all needed changing.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
i just changed mine out of read-only, but it still does the same thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom