my guitar hero 3 experience, redux

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im sure some of you remember my previous thread in which i boldly declared :it sucks" well if you had asked me 2 days prior i would've gladly retracted that statement, the game did pick up but i was playing the ps2 version not one of the "next-gen" versions. So early this morning, i woke up with a mission to go buy the full rock band bundle for 360 at the local walmart, and wouldn't you know it, they were out >_>. So I settled on the 360 version of gh3 seeing as id eventually need a 2nd controller for bass anyways.

well I get the first one home, its the wired xplorer controller and the blue button is broken, it worked just fine MOST of the time but it stuck down every now and then, which is reason enough for me to exchange it (however this didn't stop me from pwning some chumps in a few battles beforehand XD)

so i take it back for an exchange and notice they have the wireless Les Paul so i got that instead, I had used the new controller before on wii and liked it so i figured id give it a shot....

oh but what happens when i get that one home? the tilt sensor is borked and now my star power unleashes itself automatically as soon as it is acquired, which completely negates my ability to play over xbox live if i cannot store up and use my attacks strategically.

so now i have to take a 2nd copy of the game back in less than 24 hours, did red octane just cheap out on the 360 controllers? I still use my black GH1 controller on the ps2 version of gh3 and it works every bit as good as the day i brought it home >_>.

i know its just a game, but dammit all if even after an exchange i get a broken product ;(

/end rant

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rock Band had just as many problems. The strat would stop sensing down strums after a bit.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Not to mention the foot pedal is flimsy and easily breaks, and the microphone doesn't pick up voices sometimes, and for some people came broken and wouldn't pick up at all. Yeah rockband is a pos. So is gh3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My gh3 works perfectly fine. No problems with it at ALL

I love it <333

If you have xbox live, add me, we can play :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well my GH2 x-plorer controller works just dandy, brothers still using it. as for the les paul wireless ive had no problems whatsoever yet.. either way as previously stated one must pwn you online!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i already returned the one controller that even worked good enough to do that =(, all i have left is the Les paul one which works great, just i cant battle with it.

in any case though im returning it too as soon as day breaks.

if i could battle you on the ps2 version i would, im just about fed up with the 360 one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My cousin has GH3 and just uses his GH2 controller. ;o

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
anyone have guitar hero 3 on the wii and want to fight one day?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't even find GH3 in stores for PS3, yet everywhere seems to have it for 360. >.>

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do have gh3 for ps2 and i still use my GH1 controller, (well i didnt actually purchase it so i didnt have much of a choice there XD) but it still works perfectly save for a little squeaking.

the battles were very very fun actually playing against another person, (and winning) the hardest song picked was only lay down but i kept hitting the guy with lefty flip, and then stealing his whenever he got it and using it on him again XD. It was the most fun id ever had on guitar hero to be honest, but the controller was pissing me off hardcore.

out of the 2 controllers though, the xplorer was the better one by far and im beginning to wish id have just kept that one as i couldve simply filed down the part of the button that it was catching on.

if i ever do get another copy for 360, (doubtful, 2 broken controllers in 2 days is a big buzzkill) ill be sure to pm a few of you here so i can pwn j00!!

EDIT***
my cousin has GH3 for wii, ill see if i can convince him to bring it over.

fair warning though, this little bastard actually beat TTFaF

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention the foot pedal is flimsy and easily breaks, and the microphone doesn't pick up voices sometimes, and for some people came broken and wouldn't pick up at all. Yeah rockband is a pos. So is gh3.
That's a problem with ANY microphone, let alone the cheap one in rock band. Any noise too loud might cause clipping, which would obviously screw up the console's ability to read your pitch. The game is awesome, but the peripherals are very flimsy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can buy a real guitar for as much as rock band or GH in england lol.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes but you can't buy three real freinds to enjoy the experience with!

In all seriousness, Rock Band is probably the coolest game I've played in years.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh i completely agree, the other memebers of my ACTUAL band, bought their respective rock band instrument packs, and we regularly get together to play. it's hella fun.

i dunno why we can't just practice those songs on real instruments... has something to do with how drunk we get when we play rock band i think xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom