My game is only visible on LAN

Best answers
Hi there i seem to have an issue with playing online,
whenever i create a game, noone can see it, and i myself can only see it under the LAN tabs.

Are you using Steam? Yes

Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF? Yes

Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons? Nope

What game are you trying to install ESF into? None

Are you behind a router or firewall? Yes but i gave steam full acces

Are all your drivers updated? yes

Anyone have a similar problem or a solution?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try typing sv_lan 0 in console, then creating the game.

If that doesn't work, check your cfg files in the esf folder and make sure that it doesn't say sv_lan 1 in any of them

Best answers
Thanks for the quick reply.
I tried to look through ALL the cfg files in the folder.
And put in the "Sv_lan 0" command and restart a few times.
But it keeps listing my game in my LAN tab, and still no people can see my game.
it almost seems as if the game wont let me make a game online.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's not that or a router issue, I really don't know.

*looks at grega*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forward port 27015.

Best answers
The same thing happens with my Half life.
(By the way i might sound like a total noob but how do i forward a port?)
I use Mcafee so i cant open specific ports only open a program but ussually it opens fully so i dont have issues with the program beeing locked.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You said you gave Steam full access from your router. So log into your router and add port 27015 to the list, on both tcp and udp.

Find out what router you have and then google for specifics on how to do it if you're still confused.

Best answers
I had an issue with my router aswell that got me kicked every 6 seconds, when i joined other people games, but i fixed the issue by creating a shortcut for esf and add "+clientport 27006" at the end of the propperties.

I do not know if it could be the cause, but i tried to create a game through the "normal" shortcut aswell.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I hate to bump but I have this same problem too. I've looked everywhere I could for reasons as to what it could possibly be, so, I'll list what I'm working with, what I've done and maybe you can help that way.

Game: ESF with ECX & Big Pack 8.4
Router: Netgear WNR854T Rangemax Next Gigabit Edition
Ports Forwarded: 27000-27015 (TCP/UDP) 27020-27050 (TCP/UDP) 1200 (TCP/UDP) 7002 (TCP/UDP) 5273 (TCP/UDP)
All ports listed above I also added as exceptions in my windows firewall, as that's all I have.
Checked everything in my .cfg files that might have had an sv_lan 1 in it, nothing.
Have rebooted both my pc and router in case it needed to 'kick in' somehow and hosted, still LAN.
Have shut off windows firewall and attempted to host, still LAN.

I'm at a loss as to what I could do, I'm an expert PC user so don't be afraid to give more detailed instructions, if there are any.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you try on running a vanilla (pure ESF 1.2.3) server without any addons?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes I have, same result. I've even attempted to host a plain Half Life server, same result.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Check your ESF folder for a file called, steam_appid, it should be a text file. If it's not in ESF folder create it. Make a new txt file and name it steam_appid, open it and type the number 70 save it and try to restart your server.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There wasn't an appid file in there, created it, labeled it, typed in 70, restarted. The weird thing is, both last night and today, my servers were listed under Internet, but two friends up in Canada, seprate areas, weren't able to join. But I just launched with the appid file in there and someone did, so.. maybe that was the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread