My first semi-completed map X_x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad, kinda small, but nice for a first map.

To 'spice' it up you should add some sort of surrounding area, like mountains or something, so it isn't just water with an island in the middle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, understand that those little green blocks are the normal size for an ESF model, so it's bigger than it seems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I know, I have been mapping for a long time. I suggest checking out some triangle-terrain tutorials and building something outside in the water, just to give it some variety. For example, add a few small land masses sticking up out in the water somewhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks pretty cool, how long have u been mapping??? i say keep going, and yea look for some triangle terrain tutorials.. ask bout anything

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The map looks good, maybe vary the terrain on the outer grass ring so it's not flat but bumpy. Also for the record, the player models are slightly bigger than the info_player_starts suggest. I found that out the hard way after using them to make everything to scale, and then testing it to find I was about 1.5x taller. are fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
The map looks good, maybe vary the terrain on the outer grass ring so it's not flat but bumpy. Also for the record, the player models are slightly bigger than the info_player_starts suggest. I found that out the hard way after using them to make everything to scale, and then testing it to find I was about 1.5x taller.

You used the wrong FGD file my friend. Mine has the boxes to scale, and when you zoom in it SHOWS the actual MODELS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For some reason I just like it!
It's not too bad at all, even though I don't have any experience with mapping, I think that I can recognise a good map when I see one, good job and keep up with the good work. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd said:
You used the wrong FGD file my friend. Mine has the boxes to scale, and when you zoom in it SHOWS the actual MODELS.
Damn, i've been using the old .fgd the entire time >.<

Thanks for that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I compiled it and the player was a lot larger than I was hoping for, causing the map to be very small.. ;(. Maybe I'll start over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like you're using an even older FGD than me, didn't they scale down player size in each release to allow for bigger maps? Grab the new one from the stickeh o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I'm using an... uh unreleased fgd X_x.

Best answers
can we say roof bounce exploit?..dont only make a map thats pretty..we have enough of those..make a map thats also good for playing the game on competativley..

btw smith i love your sig..lol..i mustve refreshed the page like 20 times..just to see them all..:eek:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want, I could send you the FGD DJ-Ready gave me. It lets you be able to view models. For example, if you used env_model it'd actually show the model. And if you used the env_evil or whatever, it would show a Vegeta model. (It's normal, it just stands out to tell which is evil and good.) And it's looking great so far.

Best answers
It's nice. What is it though. I know its a fighting ring kinda thing but I mean whats the name whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom