My First Model With Max

Best answers
Ok this is my first model with max..its goku!! again, but this time with max lol ^^

i can't get his face to look less chibi so drawovers would be nice. and i think the hair isn't long enough..lol heres the model, c&c are welcome

Best answers
well, first crit. give him some more chin, his face has the proportions of a mutilated rodent.

Best answers
Seriously, talk about starting big... Goku's hair is NOT for novice modellers. You should start with a character like Piccolo, Krillin, or Trunks.
But, if you simply must, then here's some advice, ad curves. Goku's face should not be straight lines, they should be curves. If you have a line with 3 or 4 points to it (like from his nose to his ear) be sure and curve it a bit down, and out, to give that round "cheek" look. Also, Goku's eyes are big, you have them quite small. They should take up about half of his face when wide open, and 1/4 when narrowed. You have them at about 1/6th the face's height. To make him look older, less chibi, remember to proportion his chin better. It needs to protrude out, and be a good bit longer.

The eyes should be about halfway down his head, the bottom of the nose should be halfway between the eyes and the bottom of the chin. The mouth should be halfway between the bottom of the nose and the bottom of the chin. That should help get your proportions.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
what do you mean for "novice modelers", he has one of the easiest hair styles in the entire dbz line up. anyone with a brain could do it. Maybe you should look into what you talk about before you post about it -_-.

Anyways, the picture link is broken, so i cant post crits for you =/

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
no its not gg. right click and press show picture :D

Best answers
its pretty good for your first attemped in max, and it looks very promissing :) scale the hair and make is face less flat, add a few cuts down his face and bring the edges forword abit (i think that should do it)

make his eyes a bit bigger as well, but looks very nice for your first model, its just a bit flat and out of preportion at the moment, but am sure you will fix that :)
good job.

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
God Gundam said:
what do you mean for "novice modelers", he has one of the easiest hair styles in the entire dbz line up. anyone with a brain could do it. Maybe you should look into what you talk about before you post about it -_-.

Anyways, the picture link is broken, so i cant post crits for you =/
* Looks at his own Goku and starts wondering.
Hmm that means I have a brain ;)

and now for the Crits,
Good job for your first max attempt, (it was better than my first attempt in max ;)) and give him a chin by moving it forward and make his hair bigger ^_^. that's it for now and GL :)

Best answers
could you post a smooth-shaded render so i can make a drawover?The hair looks weird it looks more like teen gohan.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad.... what am i saying, its hidious! :eek:

But good for a first try, my model was worse then this one...

Those spikes on the back on his head look weird... like he got bumps coz he hitted his head or something... and his eyes, to narrow...

But good for a first start.

Best answers
God Gundam said:
he has one of the easiest hair styles in the entire dbz line up.
personally i dont agree with that, its easy to get it to look right from one view but getting both the side and front to look right takes a bit of thinking and ive yet to see anyone do it perfect

anyways regardless of it being your first max model or notyou should try to get used to the tools of the program before trying to conquer a character model because right now it looks like youve yet to do so

Best answers
lol geez you guys are too nice :) good thing youre here again with drawovers movento lol, here are some smooth renders, if i can get a good drawoer i might redo the head not hair (ill just do some major tweaking on that) i might redo it all because right now im lost with the structure of the head..

here is the mode, c&c are most definetely welcome!! oh, and me and darksniper is going to work on this goku lol..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok reckoning but im just editing, ur doing like most of the model lol. and good luck with the face

Best answers
thank you movento once again , i redid the hair because i did not like the polystructure, it needs more sides -.- btw ignore the face, i havn't started on it

---------- EDIT + UPDATE ----------

Done basic body structure, heres a rendered update for you all!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looking good, and your getting a lot better! crit: make the pants baggier on that last screenshot

Best answers
gave him an ass and pecs, what else did i change? i less defined the folds, made the feet straight and some tweaks..

Best answers
you should make his waist wider, its getting better tho :)

Best answers
i'm starting to like it.make the blue part(where his arms are) of his jacket go inside the orange part.sorry for my bad explanation :] His eyes seem to big to but it's getting there.
EDIT: here's a drawover (again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom