My first model in Maya.

Best answers
After more then 2 years of modeling with Wings3D,i was up to something new.I bought this book(Game character development with Maya,by Antony Ward)a year ago and didn't do much with it.Some days ago i decided to give it a try again,and i'm totally loving it.I havent progressed really far but i will update this thread(if i'm not stuck that is).The model is a girl named Kila.the next step after welding the head to the neck is adding the boobs,so it should get intersting for all you pervs j/k =p.

Btw,does anyone knows to what games you can convert models with the PLE edition?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks cool just uh, look out for the moderators when adding those boobs..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice to see someone using Maya here.

loosk fine for now, i dont think theres any game but if you have 3ds. , .obj , and some other exporter then you might be able to save your work too.

I think in the PLE version it allows to do this , it just doesnt have all features. Correct me if I´m wrong.

@shady: Adding boobs is allowed ,but only if they´re with cloths over.

Best answers
don't worry shady,she has clothes on.I need to know how to weld it together when i mirrored it.i need to weld it to continue on the model.after that i must add detail's and some shoes and hands ofcourse :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like the flow... and also you spend alot of polys to the arms and legs but not enough to the belly and body part.
but i see you´re getting used to it. you might should use more lines to smooth everything out, dont fear to have to many polys upon it.
btw. only if this book shows the same wire view then im sry.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
unfortunately although it looks good.

stop using maya right now :p

autodesk (3dsmax) bought alias (maya). maya will no longer ever be in production =[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
unfortunately although it looks good.

stop using maya right now :p

autodesk (3dsmax) bought alias (maya). maya will no longer ever be in production =[
I highly doubt that

Autodesk Website said:
Media & Entertainment

This acquisition expands Autodesk’s media and entertainment portfolio with several Alias products, including Maya® MotionBuilder™ and FBX® software. Autodesk’s current 3D authoring toolset for the media and entertainment industry comprises Autodesk® VIZ and Autodesk® 3ds Max® software. Maya is widely used by Autodesk’s customers in the feature film segment and shares customers with Autodesk in the game development market. Autodesk plans to continue development and support of both Alias and Autodesk products, including Maya and 3ds Max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom