Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys today I was bored I decided to practice milkshape when I try to put another models head on a body model from another Trunks it was hard but thanks to LOGAN this what I come up with.Please dont be hard on me is my very first model edit ever.
COPY&PASTE LINK TO GO TO MY WEBSITE AND CHECK THE PIC OF TRUNKS SCROLL DOWN..Its a long haired the head from BOJACK TRUNKS.
LINK: http://www.geocities.com/luis656/Vegetto91Website.html?1050380317693

Best answers
lol :)

Nice for a first go at it...but keep trying :p

Best answers
looks like you pasted trunks's head on vegeta's body
maybe the blank polygons give it away

Best answers
If you want some crits... the face is messed up because of the eyebrows (my opinion)

Best answers
The face is messed but true the eyebrows, and you need to raise his armour, it's too low now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok thanks for the crits.Everytime I try to compile it this thing says "************ ERROR ************
.\/18.smd doesn't exist" and I cant compile whats that?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
means a certain smd files does not exist, if it doesnt then u must save your model as smd format, file -> export -> half-life smd -> save it in the directory you are compiling from. save as 18.smd, this would most likely be a reference smd becuase of the '18' most likely meaning android 18.

or you could change it in the qc file, open with note pad.

heres an example of the header of one:

// = comments

$modelname "C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Smo\Desktop\???.mdl" // where u want model file 2 b saved 2, the file name etc
$cd "\WINDOWS\Profiles\Smo\Desktop\???" //the directory of the model files i.e. smd files
$cdtexture "\WINDOWS\Profiles\Smo\Desktop\models\???" // where the textures are
$cliptotextures

$scale 1.0 // size of the model.. just leave this

// 2 attachments
$attachment 0 "Bip01 R Blaster" 2.000000 1.500000 0.000000 // where sprites and beas origonate from
$attachment 1 "Bip01 L Blaster" 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000

// 3 bone controllers
$controller 0 "Bip01 Spine1" XR -30 30 //never mind about these
$controller 1 "Bip01 Spine2" XR -30 30
$controller 2 "Bip01 Spine3" XR -30 30

// 1 hit boxes
$hbox 1 "Bip01 Head" 0.090000 -3.660000 -3.000000 8.410000 5.090000 3.000000 //or these

$bodygroup body
{
studio "jetstorm" // this is where your would say '18' this states the name of the reference smd

thats about it :D
}

Best answers
It isn't about a missing smd. To fix the "18 prob":
In the qc there's the line:

$sequence "ref_shoot_dragonball" "ref_shoot_dragonball_blend1" "ref_shoot_dragonball_blend2" blend 0 1 fps 18

remove the

blend 0 1

so it looks like

$sequence "ref_shoot_dragonball" "ref_shoot_dragonball_blend1" "ref_shoot_dragonball_blend2" fps 18

This works for me and I haven't noticed any wrong anims. If you decompile the model again, the "blend 0 1" is in the qc again. My frind is writing a program to remove it automtically.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanx guys I really appreciate your help I hope in the future I can make better stuff....Im now working on a SSJ ONE..and the Skin I think this is another project for SIN GOKU to fix the skin ^_^

Best answers
well dude, considering u bash peoples work when it sucks, i gotta tell ya, its not good at all, now im not tryin to be mean, im just tryin to help ya, all u did was add a new head to a body, both of which were already made, and the worst part is u have a skinless block of polies on the neck, im not sure why people who make simple edits want crits, i mean im not tryin to be a jerk but crits r used for people who are working on new models, not jumbling models that have already been made....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really appreciate your comment FATMANTERROR *Being Sarcastic* im barely a noob first I want to learn model editing then maybe that could give me some advance skills so I can start modeling my own stuff just wanted to make it clear.Heres a super better update on it if link doesn't works copy&paste this link on your browser to see picture Link:http://www.geocities.com/luis656/Modeledittrunks.jpg

Best answers
Originally posted by Vegetto91
I really appreciate your comment FATMANTERROR *Being Sarcastic* im barely a noob first I want to learn model editing then maybe that could give me some advance skills so I can start modeling my own stuff just wanted to make it clear.Heres a super better update on it if link doesn't works copy&paste this link on your browser to see picture Link:http://www.geocities.com/luis656/Modeledittrunks.jpg
dude i was being honest with u to help u, i know ur a noob, but anybody can copy and paste a head, im tryin to tell u ur not gonna get any good advice until u make something by urself, do u want me to lie and tell u its perfect and ur modeling skills are the best they can possibly be right now?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's the SSJ VERSION I think is very nice and Sin Goku help me a little with it ^_^ very nice isnt it ?
Something else I want to know if you guys like it so I can release it..^_^

Best answers
no, im sorry to say its no good, the face looks exactly like vegeta's and the hair is fu**ed up fix that and it will be ok

Best answers
heres a tip:
dont post noob edits:S
work on it "privately," then when u get better.. try editing by adding ur "own" models
i totally agree with the fatman.. too much copy paste now a days..
people need to start modeling from scratch.. or editing with there own parts

Best answers
that edit is...uhh alright i guess..
and yea...uhh...o_O
looks kinda crappy...even for a first edit.
at least i worked on my first edit before i posted it lOl
but GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG I LOVE IT.. -_-'
[btw, first REAL edit was kid buu :p]

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom