Was this Guide helpful? Do you enjoyed reading?

• Yes, good work, I enjoyed reading although it was a bit long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well, another guide, but quit helpful

• Who needs another guide?

• You wasted a lot of your spare time for nothing you ******!

• Total voters
The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The shapes are pretty good, but you should add other textures to those houses, GJ so far.

Best answers
that reminds me so mutch of my first map :) ( it was for quake ) it had houses as well and a small junkjard ( in same big box room) offcourse in quake that lagged like hell :)
it's good for a start !

Best answers
yea that orangey brick texture gets boring fast so im probally gonig to change it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking good, and yes change that brick, even if you size it up it could look a little better. Oh and make sure you use the right entities ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a first map, it's pretty good.
Just change the style of the houses a little too.
It would look better if they were all a different kind of house.
Is this of any neighborhood in particular? Or just an idea?
*looks outside*
*sees graph paper in his bushes*

Best answers
well I was going to do my neiborhood but then I decided not to. How would i make that brick a little bigger?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Size up the texture.
When you select the sides of the houses with the brick on texture application mode, you could try setting the scale of X and Y to 2.
That would stretch the texture so it's twice as big.

Best answers
Ok thanks, that will be very usefull, if anyone else has any idea let me know. Im open for suggestions.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Adds some gardens, and trees. Pherhaps a parked car.

Best answers
Look good...just needs little more work...like it...

Best answers
Thanks, so far i added bushed, made those brick textures larger, and added a few things. A trash can and a trampoline. Ah the old trampoline days......

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya know those buildings are also a little bald, add another windows or some roof windows, and a chimney. It looks a lot like an ordinary american neighbourhood, look for a picture of that, and try to resemble it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, try making a chimney you can enter a house through, or maybe make a car you can blow up! :D
Maybe a swing set or something too for the little kids. :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know if the chimney is used for acces to a house, shouldn't there be a santamodel then, he could trow with presents, as attacks, and no on one would dodge, cuz they are presents, you would be invincible and conquer....whoa, i was loosing grip there.

Best answers
lol, well one of the houses bears secret room like dbs and senzu beans. I am gonig to hopefull make a little park w/ like a sand box and whatnot. The car idea sounds kool. I will probally try that. Too bad i cant have it like drive in and out every once in a while. That'd be kool. But thats just me. Ive tried to compile it to test a few things out. IT compiles as a few diff files including .map and .err but no .bsp. I even had someone take a look at it. Well if any of you have had this error before please let me know. Thanks in advanced.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh that's no error, cuz that is not a compile, when you are in valve hammer, go to a buton that says "run map!" now when you are there make sure you have the "don't run game" hitbox on. Then compile, i should mention this though, this is just for testcompiling, if you want a good compile for an eventual release, then use expert mode or a batchcompile. GL

Best answers
nope, still did the same thing. Here are the file exts I got:
.wic
.rmx
.max
.map
.err

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read the Mega Thread of Mapping at the very bottom. My tutorial on finding and fixing map errors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom