Best answers
Ive finally decided to not be lazy and set hammer up, so ive started my "first" map (not really, just the first one im gonna make public) It's name will be vc_hell, and you will see why in the pics i will post (funny, not evil:devgrin:.) Expect pics later today/ early tommorow and the first release later this week. Suggestion? Comments? Insults?

Best answers
you could make a babadi map, with his spaceship (and a small area with mountains around the spaceship) and in the ship 2 or 3 areas and in the final area the thing were buu is inside, and im not the only one who is waiting for that map ;)

Best answers
Er.... I think thats a little outta my league lol...:fight:
Im going to edit this post in about 10 minutes after i get some good screenies.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-{VC}- sWiTcH said:
So true, ive encountered, er, problems, i.e. terrain disapearing. Expect pics sometime tomorrow...
if you terrain is disappearing then you have leaf portal saws into brush or something (forgot exact name), anyway, the easiest fix is to cover it up...its best to delete the block and remake it entirely...

this bug is usually caused by using a terrain generator...

Best answers
Yup, you hit it on the dot optional. I decided i didnt like the original anyway, so i just decided to make a new better map...
____________________​
You have just respawned in a room illuminated by a strange light. The room has no roof, as you look up you are staring at a night sky. As you look down, you notice a small pond near your feet. The water is red. On a double take, you notice it is not water, it is blood. For a minute or so, you ponder why there is a pool of blood in a seemingly innocent room. Then you notice. The walls. The walls, they, they have no smoking sign everywhere! Your brain is spinning, it cant be true. An open room with no smoking signs? What the hell?! Your last sentence was right. You are in hell:devgrin: Feel free to scream now.

Ok, enough with settin the mood, here are the screenies!

The sea of cheap advertisements:
http://www.geocities.com/ssmd123/hell0002.jpg

The room of no smoking:
http://www.geocities.com/ssmd123/hell0001.jpg

Me billboard!:
http://www.geocities.com/ssmd123/hell0000.jpg

Best answers
theres an error with the page....try to fix it cuz the map idea sounds cool :)

Best answers
maxstokkebye2 said:
hhahah that looks alright pretty simple, is it just a big squar?
Even tho its my first map thats kinda an insult. No, its not a big square (even tho the sea of cheap advertisements is, dont forget, its hell). There are secret rooms, a good size lake of blood, and a few more surprises here and there.

Best answers
dude i didnt mean it as an insult, i just asked it as a question, cuz jugding from the pics thats what I thought it looked like, ok :) no hard feelings, and judging from what u just said it sounds cool. so calm yarself down boy!

Best answers
Sry bout that, got a little itchy. Anywayz, more pics soon. Expect a secret heaven area with a stadium, and a few more surpirises.

Best answers
Well I over estimated myself again, im just lowering r_speeds now. Ill probabaly be done sometime soon lol... :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think r_speeds is the problem...i think you did a crap compile and got crap fps because with a bad compile, it brings high r_speeds...

Best answers
That could be it, i dont really know... I was planning on sending it to mr. satan's map service for him to compile and resize textures blah blah blah.

EDIT: Mr. Satan closed his map service lol, so now i need some help :( So here is my plee: If anyone would like to compile/tweak a n00b map, pm me and ill send you the .rmf or .map file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom