My first map using triangles

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
\o/ You showed me htat on aim. It looks pwnage.

You should show us that other map you made :D

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
You should show us that other map you made :D
You know the other map isnt made yet >.> In fact its still just an idea nothing solid.

But ill be making 2 more maps shortly XD

Anyhow the talk is about this map so C&C please ^^ (ill post pictures from other corners later but basicly what you see is it ^^)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd remove 3-4 of those craters :D

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks pretty good, kind of small though, but that might just be me.

I'm downloading it now, I'll go see how well it plays. :3

EDIT: Okay, I just checked it out and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. :3

It's very big, but there is virtually NO lag whatsoever. :yes: That's a very big plus in my book.

I think the Ginyu pods are a nice touch, the map would be pretty boring without them.

I think it might be nice if you tried adding Freeza's space ship too. :3 It's just a thought though.

I like the map's simplicity, and the large space underwater allows for nice sneak attacks.

It's a keeper. :yes:

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
More potential in the mapping scene /o/

Keep at it Grega, this is a very good triangle start.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:

It's very big, but there is virtually NO lag whatsoever. :yes: That's a very big plus in my book.

I think the Ginyu pods are a nice touch, the map would be pretty boring without them.

I think it might be nice if you tried adding Freeza's space ship too. :3 It's just a thought though.

I like the map's simplicity, and the large space underwater allows for nice sneak attacks.

Well the original idea was for it to be Friezas ship instead of the space pods ^^ but i didnt get the model so i changed it XD

MC

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It is not too bad, could use some work.

You should remove the slope from the larger landmass.

Remove 3-4 of the pods since they do not fit the map. Either that have them all in different locations on the map rather than grouped together. Also vary each of the pods facings.

Add a more stuff such as more landmasses, Namekian houses, etcetera.

Other than that good job on your map.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The pods are representing the landing of the Ginyu force. Hence why there are five.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad for your first map with the technique. It sure makes making terrain easier, doesn't it? ;)

Not a bad job on the texture blending, either. I can see a few minor spots where it gets cut off, but nothing too bad.

That first top-down view makes the water scale look too small. You could increase the scale on it to make it look better, and you'd get better performance too.

A good introduction to the tech, keep it up. =)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:

Grega was looking for somebody to model Frieza's ship but he couldn't find anyone. Maybe Enix or Lee can model it if they want :D

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Awsome looking map there Grega. Looks like a lot of fun. I'd download it. But I'm lazy. Any *wad files we need to know about? If not I'll just dl it via steam.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
:eek: !

Always awesome to see new maps by fans, especially ones with this much promise and quality! Excellent job Grega.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:

Always awesome to see new maps by fans, especially ones with this much promise and quality! Excellent job Grega.
I deffinately agree. He might even take Cold Steel or DJ Ready's Job! I mean they have been lazy for a while so this might make them start to work again. Keep the good work up!

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I deffinately agree. He might even take Cold Steel or DJ Ready's Job! I mean they have been lazy for a while so this might make them start to work again. Keep the good work up!
Now you are overdoing it. It may be a good start but im still ages away from DJ-Ready and Cold Steel.

Kama said:

THX Kama /BLUSH/ :rolleyes:

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Reverse psychology does not have any effect on me.

TBH, from time to time, I get sick from dev. team mapping. So I switch to lazyness for short periods to continue with it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom