Best answers
I've finally completed my first map! It's really small though, so I doubt anyone will wanna download it lol. I'll have some screens up later if ya wanna check it out. All it is really is a little arena type thing. It kinda looks like one of those places where those guys with the red flag challenge the bulls :laff: .

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
u mean an arena? (hmm .. i wonder how its called in english ^^ ... in german its "Stierkampfarena" :) )

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, thats not too terrible for a first try. Believe me, I can't even make it to the stage where I compile. Beyond that I can't make more than a box ;P Keep working at it though and eventually you'll be making some really awesome maps with a bit of practice.

-Karrde-

Best answers
You guys REALLY think that? I mean all I can say is "wow," lol. I thought everyone would be sayin it stunk. Anyway thanks for the encouragement! I certainly will keep at it! Mappin' is my destiny!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For your first map, there isn't really anything I can say wrong about this map besides maybe align the textures a little bit better.
Are you going to keep working on it and adding more stuff?
If you are, then it looks promising. :yes:

Best answers
Ok, I've just finished editing my map. I changed the ground area inside the arena to a concrete tile type of thing. I have new screens and hope to have them posted soon! :cool:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
well ... i dont want to be mean .. but the map is bad ...
ok, its bad to play on, but its a good result for your first mapping try becouse at least you acn create objects and compile a map, and thats more then alot of others can ^^ mapping is just about practicing and alot of testing. if you know the basics of mapping, it isnt very hard to learn new things. and now, since you can handle the basic stuff, i suggest you learn how the engine works (yes, the engine! i know alot of mappers that can make average or good maps, but they dont even know how VIS works or what a leaf is, and that stuff is important to make big good looking maps ^^)
anyways .. good luck with your future maps :)

Best answers
Best answers
GJ, Far superior to my first try

mine ended up being 2 boxes dtuck together with a hole linking them!

Best answers
Good for a first try, but for your second map you should add more details...

Best answers
hah my first map was 2 boxes as well :) linked with a small hallway tho , and 2 of them grunts in the other room , and a double shotgun one in the start room ..
it was quake 1 :p
This is far more creative then my first map.

Best answers
nice man for a first hey it takes time to get better and all yeah and well ill down load it cause its a fighting map alright and ppl cant run lol thanx

Best answers
Very good, way better then my first map, it was for cs, it couldn't even compile, lol, well you couldn't really call it a map...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom