My first map esf_rocky(link should work now^^")

Best answers
This is my first map and i hope it's not too bad. I've made it at just one day, so don't be too expectantly. I release it today so you can download it.

Here are some Screenshots:
http://wave.prohosting.com/hitmanx/

If this link also doesn't works, I can send it per ICQ or MSN

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats extremely good for a first map, man my first map was hooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrible!

Best answers
It's not good....:\

BUT VERY GOOD!!!! :laff:
btw, what program did you use to make it?

Best answers
Sorry for the Double-Post, but thats an update of my map.

I made the Textures better, so that the r_speed isn't so high.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because you're new, I won't get on you for double posting, but in the future, use the edit button.

Regarding the map, yeah, obviously it's not a great map. But it is exceptionally good for a first map. Like I tell all new mappers, I can't even make a simple map compile right ;P Keep working at it and you're bound to start getting good at it. All it takes is practice and from what I see it looks like you're on the right track. Good luck :)

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For your first map, that is very well done. :yes:
Is it of anything in particular? Or just a design you came up with on your own?

Best answers
HitmanXtreme
if that is realy only ur first map then u should for sure keep makeing because its great:). but give us a link where we can download it and not just look at pics:D :devgrin:

Best answers
thx @ all.
@DragonDude:It's nothing particular.
@goku_2022: I know I'd wrote, that I release it that day. But I made the Textures look better, so I can't release it. I will work at now, so you can download it later this day.

I'm ready, you can download it here.

I know when you start, you're stucking in the ground. Just make a beamjump. When I know how to fix it I'll fix that bug.

Best answers
man its good for a first map just keep on working at it till its the best map of all

Bolteh2

B
hmm, pretty good, but the brushwork is kinda basic :p

tho, im very glad that you for once (otehrs do) didnt use a terrain generator, those are ****ed up, but the way they work is genious, you can get very ncie craters and rocks when you use the split triangle mode :)

btw, gravel textures as rock? :) small thing tho :p

and try to align textures bit more (they are stretched, the grass isnt the same alignment everywhere (you can see different zones in the grass :\

Best answers
How come when I play the map, ppl are actually "floating" above the ground instead of walking on the ground??

Best answers
Now for real crits...I think the map's too small for 8 ppl or more...and the secrect arena is too small too

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the texures need alot of work...

and the map is really small and boxed in

should be more open

Best answers
@ ND:
Seems like he didnt compile the map with the hull file!

jup! Textures are stretched too much!
when you scale textures, scale all textures near them otherwise it looks a bit crappy!
I dont like to see such blur textures and then suddenly a very sharp one right next to it.
and scale the x-axis AND the y-axis, it looks like you did only scale the x-axis in the pics.

Best answers
well i cant d/l it or see the pic... seems like there is a prob with the internet... so whats ur msn or icq, mine stands in my sig.. and plz use icq cuzz i dont use that msn much

*ON-TOPIC* from the crits it sounds good, if the texture is that way and so on, i havent tried it so... cant really tell (like the maps, if they r a little screwed up :p)

Best answers
Even thoug its your first map, ill be honest. Its to blocky and to small, now uve got something to work on... Besides that, its ok

Best answers
hmm taz, what did ur first map look like

and its good from the looks of it (still cant d/l it)

:\ :\ :\ DAMN U INTERNET :\ :\ :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom