My first logo and wallpaper

Best answers
My first time using photoshop

Btw the BG and the white flashy line I learned to make that from a tutorial on Youtube and has nothing to do with the logo

The logo will be used for my company, and for those who are wondering Najma means Star

Anywho.. lemme know what you guys think for a newbie photoshop user..

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3815/wallpapervj.jpg

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't follow Youtube tutorials. Instead use these tutorials: http://www.zymic.com/tutorials/photoshop/

I always recommend Zymic because you can apply what you've learned from those tutorials to whatever you want to create in Photoshop. Most tutorials now are "gg you slap a render ontop of a background ur pro now but imo needs -25% brightness and 150% contrast and a touch of blue"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa seriously? A cloud filter which has been colorized? You need to learn a lot more.

Best answers
Whoa seriously? A cloud filter which has been colorized? You need to learn a lot more.
Huh? seriously about what?
I only started working with photoshop since 3days ago, so bare with me :)
And I will learn alot more I'm really getting to know photoshop pretty well..

@Lith Thx alot for the advice and the tut. site!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I sound harsh, but you can't produce anything noteworthy in 3 days. Check out websites like Good-Tutorials and Pixel2life. Try out 100 tutorials, combine what you have learned and then post something we can criticize on. Posting crits on a cloud filter with a color thrown on top of it and a line made using a simple brush is nothing special.

Best answers
I completly agree with you, but I actually posted this for my logo not the bg and the line, that's why i said before ..
Btw the BG and the white flashy line I learned to make that from a tutorial on Youtube and has nothing to do with the logo
and thx for the two links i'll definitly will check them out

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The title of this thread also said wallpaper, and the background is part of that wallpaper, so I gave crits on that accordingly.

That said, logo creating is not easy, it's an entire business. So a name with a gradient background doesn't really cut it as a 'profesionnal' type of logo (most of those are created with Illustrator anyway, vectors are better for that). That said, you have only used Photoshop for 3 days, so nobody will expect a professorially made logo in any design program.

That also said, I do believe you should think a lot more about your logo. What sets your logo apart from others? Assuming this a logo for yourself, what makes you...you (or what does the logo stand for, if it is more business oriented)? Try thinking about your values, hobby's, your way of life. Then start brainstorming on different ways to portray those values, hobby's and ways of life, and try to incorporate that into your logo. And don't make it too complex, when something can be left out with out adversely influencing your logo (or changing the 'meaning' of that logo), leave it out. Someone should recognize you nearly instantly by seeing that logo, without even having to read as much as a name.

Like I said, there is a lot more too it than just slapping a name on an oval. (Apart from having the technical skills to work with design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.)

Best answers
Ok so I thought about what you said and tried to applied that with my current ''skills''
I know there is more too it than just putting a name on an oval, but thats what were instructed from my co-partners

Agreement was closed (border) oval logo with name on it, 5 stars under the name and not too complex and crowded, Logo name color blue

So I changed color made the name color brighter and added a star made with pencil tool

What sets your logo apart from others?
Current competitor only have a squar with the letter K in it, kinda looks like made in paint (no pun intended) others just have a name for their logo nothing special..
So bringing this on our product will already stand out from others

Someone should recognize you nearly instantly by seeing that logo, without even having to read as much as a name.
Well I'm hoping That star on top will be recognized as our products from far away

Also I didn't really had much time to develope any skills, I had a deadline and that deadline was from last week friday untill today this morning :D
So I can't make anymore changes, but the team was very satisfied with me bringing them this last design the very last minute..

Now I have to make a website, fortunatly it doesn't have a deadline :)

btw thx and +1rep. for your harsh yet critically affective advices ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom