ZuL

Best answers
I made it for fun, and i didnt think it would get this good, but here it is! one thing that makes it bad, is that i didnt use any mirror style when creating it. Its 50% made by hand, the rest is tesselated :D gotta love tesselating.

One thing that bothers me, is that MAX says its 803 polygons now, when i think its ALOT more... oh well, im putting the link here:

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~rocketcrowbar/attachment.php?s=&postid=2233

Hope you think it is good-looking, cuz i do :) now it just needs a head, and i cant come up with any (and i dont know how to make the head too :rolleyes: )

ZuL

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's kinda perty, it looks like the mid-section could use some work, and the chest looks funny too, but it is pretty good.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Nice Zul. you getting ebtter and better with each model you make...I still like your finger puppet models...they are funny.

ZuL

Best answers
By the way, does my model look like a model with 800 polys or 1600 polys?

ZuL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks very cool Zul, i would say 800, but im not into modeling so i dont really know about polys

ZuL

Best answers
Ok, thanks. That saved the day... :)
What do u think should be the head? I have an idea myself, but im not sure... give opinions.

ZuL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks good, but its a little messed around the groin area but it aint mirrored so it aint that bad.

BrunO

ZuL

Best answers
Im sure it will look better when skinned...

I made the model in this order:

Chest
Torso (no arms/head)
Saddle Muscle (wjats the darn name for it... the muscle behind and on the neck)
Neck/Throat
Shoulders
Arms
Hands (ugly :) )
Legs
Feet (cool boots i say :D )
"Clothes" (basically just scaling stuff)

And now im at the head. The head im thinking of doing will make the model too high-poly (the hair...). Give opinions of what head should be there...

ZuL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its only 800 polys now so i wouldnt worry too much about the head adding too many

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
ZuL, Ive been following your progress for quite some time, and once again, youve shown that with some determination, anything is possible. Keep up the efforts, and the quality will keep improving also.

Good Luck with the next project mate, i look forward to it

Cheers :fight:

Best answers
Ersen your one step ahead of me, I would also recommend looking at that page Ersen recommended. You seem to have some problems withs your proportions.

Also perhaps working on making models that aren't so "tank" like I mean muscle isn't everything. If you can learn to model a great skinny character then you can pretty much model anyshort of character build.

ZuL

Best answers
A friend of mine has a book on how to draw comics and comic book characters. The proportions are there, the muscly, skinny, and chubby. It's great, but it's my friends book :) i don't have it in front of me. I think i am gonna borrow it from him when i get the chance. So... i think i'm just gonna stick to pictures that i have available, not on the net... as you saw on the model, i didn't use the mirror technique, due to that i can't handle it among other reasons. But thanks for the comments and critics.

And xstortionist, what do u mean by "puppet models"? I have no memory of making such... or wait, are u talking about my 3-legged alien with horns and claws? :D

ZuL

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It dosen´t look like the first thing you made in 3dmax4 the nose
now the models starts to look good....
even if its a loot of improves left...

Damn now its time for me to start my modeling pratice....
i think i have been left behind lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom