My first Grungy, Truth.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never tried grungy before, i looked at tim's site and liked his stuff alot so i tought i'd give it a try..

i couldnt find any textures (well only 1) so i did most of it with brushes..
comments and critz are welsome.. remember that this is my first attempt to make a grungy pic..

(btw, the guy in the picture is my neighbour)

greetz, dudeman

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, you can see that its your first...but it looks ok.

Bolteh2

B
i like the left eye (white the white glow thingy) but the other things neet to blend in better, not just erase it with soft edge brushes, looks wrong, nice try anyway

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i never used any soft edge brushes... only for the textures that i put in...

if thats what u mean, then what is the right way to do it?
when u say something looks wrong, it would be helpfull to say how to do it right.. right?

Bolteh2

B
find other tetxures that would be usefull to stop/blend (like a crack or lil wound looking thingy where the mechanics afde out (so they dont fade out anymore, but blends in nicely)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hm.. yah ill do that next time.. thx

Best answers
I might try and do grunge on a face as i add grunge to buildings and rooms :D Nice work budd like it.

Best answers
I appreciate that you used me as somewhat an inspiration in this. It makes me feel good people look up to me when I did the same to alot of pro's I've learned from..

Heres some tips..overlay, multiplay, and the soft/hard lights are your friends. They blend all that stuff together. Always use a black background layer because if you use a layer mask, it doesnt turn white..but black. Also, layer masks are like the best thing to have because if u make a mistake, you still have the texture.

The image here is overdone..its good textures but there are too many of them. Also, text never looks good on dark art unless you make it creepy. In creepy I mean like, an atomic bomb burns shadows onto pavement. Get my drift?

The whole point of dark art is to make it seem like..hey that looks real. So when you blend it like how you did on his right side of his head(his hair), it doesnt look real and like you've been messing with it.

So heres the bottom line, dont overuse textures, overlay/soft/hard lights/and multiply are the best layering modes, if you need textures, email me I can get some of whatever you need, and just experiment with different colors..

Best answers
Tim could you help me out i need wood bark/rust/cracks textures for my building grunge as i cant find good textures :)

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to Gotenks: Why not make your own textures, a few hours with photoshop and you'd have laot of neat ones.

And Dudeman, that looks good, seeing this and your second one make me want to try it, see if I'm any good at it, but that'll have to wait itll Friday, gotta get stuff ready for school lol, good job man!

Best answers
Zeni dont be so harsh. He is responding to something i offered and to make textures you need to know how.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tim, thanks for the offer, im sending u a mail..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IS there any good tutorials for making that kind of stuff cause i want to learn how to

Best answers
tutorials you dont need. experiment.

thats why people hate tutorials is because you cannot make new stuff with em :) so try and just experiment with layer modes like i previously said.

Best answers
Only tip i can give is grunge is alot to do with the right blending modes also get some textures e.g wood bark/rush so on and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom