My first ever attempt at modeling a face

Best answers
Hi all. I am new here and came here about 2 day's ago and saw some models being made. and i never havn't ever modeled befor so i tryed to model trunk's ssj's face from this ref picture. but i can't get it right. any one know any good tutorial site's. or can anyone help/teach me how to model better? anyway here is what i did so far not good at all. (Please dont laugh)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we wont laugh because it would be meanie, and also there ?s no reason to laugh, although in my opinion you?ve done not that much enough to show something off... i recommend to show only finished parts, means if you do a face you have to finish it as a head and show it of, that would be usefull for us all.

although you might tell me what programm you use?

Best answers
Im using 3d studio max. and like i said its my first ever atempt and looks awful. .so imah start over ;D

Best answers
I can teach a thing or two about modeling. But 3dsmax is hard for beginners so i suggest you should use milkshape 3D.

Best answers
Punishing said:
I can teach a thing or two about modeling. But 3dsmax is hard for beginners so i suggest you should use milkshape 3D.
I'd rather suggest starting with 3DSMax instead of Milkshape.. If he wants to begin, and he has 3DSMax, there is absolutely no reason for him to go Milkshape 3D..

I say, stick to 3DSMax.. It will help you a lot more than going Milkshape 3D..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
isnt hard for beginners its hard for everyone who is just getting into it
milshape is good for now learn the basics and then move on up i say

Best answers
a lil drawover... move blue points back and if there arent any -make them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
where can i download 3dsmax?

Best answers
Jasonc said:
Would be awsome if you could mate. i just downloaded milkshape 3d! My msn is [email protected] add me please mate! thanks
Srry but i don't have an msn account . But we can talk using yahoo.Create an id and PM me when youre done.

Best answers
Can someone do a draw over for me please on that face. cant figer out why it doesnt look right need help!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Not bad, for a beginner. However, the ref you used doesn't look too accurate. Also, on your model, you made the chin too wide, make it more narrow. It's a huge improvement from your first face model though, so good job. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice first...er...second attempt! I'm not the best with faces either. But then, you've got it easier since you're using perfect refs for the model, and from a model whose character is from a show.

Its tougher for me because the character I'm making is self made, and I had to draw him myself. And of course, I'm very much a novice at true 2D animation. I can slap a few things together, but original work is tough for me. So, my drawings aren't perfect or uniform in different views, so I second guess a lot and end up with an unwanted mess. If I could just draw better...I SUCK at proportions...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
where can i download 3dsmax?
You have to buy it. No, we are not allowed to give out sites from which you can download the full version from (no offense, it's just that a lot of people asked for sites right after they are told they have to pay for something). You can however use their 30-day trial version: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=5659302&siteID=123112

More on topic, your model is pretty good so far. The only thing is that the face looks a little too blocky and that the referrence you're using has a few inaccuracies (the eyes for one).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its a bit too early to ask for a draw-over.. just finish the head and post progress?

Best answers
3rd attempt.. this one ill finsh

3rd attempt.. this one ill finsh. Thank you to Trowa who has been teaching loads of new thing's about modeling in 3d studio max here is a eirly shot of the progress of the face so far! =]

Best answers
WoW you really improved.But i dont know why you didnt let me teach you. But it's your option. And a big a congratiulons for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom