My contribution to the "for dummies" series

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blehhh, thanks XD..

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehee, good one XD

I love it how that guy allways smiles and says things on the cover on the books, especially now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"My life is a black abyss!"

XD Priceless. <33

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL AT POKING FUN AT SUBCULTURES BECAUSE IT'S CURRENTLY TRENDY TO MAKE FUN OF EMOS.

*ahem*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Flame me if you want to, but what the hell is an Emo? I've heard some stuff about them, but I still don't know who they are. Maybe if someone told me, then I can laugh at what you made. :p

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Flame me if you want to, but what the hell is an Emo? I've heard some stuff about them, but I still don't know who they are. Maybe if someone told me, then I can laugh at what you made. :p
An emo is what is known as a social group which seems to be the target of persecution and intolerance. The reason behind this is that they are believed to be very emotional and suicidal, and that they hate their lives for the simpliest of reasons. To tell you the truth, don't believe what people say about emo's. Emo's are just a social group just like the jocks, gansta's, preps, ectetera. I know a lot of emo's, none of which are even close to being suicidal or have a negative output on life the way other people explain it.

People seem to only think this way towards emo's due to the content in "emo music" and by those who entirely blow it out of proportion.

Besides, personally I think that picture is not very good:

1. Too basic.
2. Doesn't make any sense.
3. Not funny.
4. Looks like it took just a couple of minutes to make.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
An emo is what is known as a social group which seems to be the target of persecution and intolerance. The reason behind this is that they are believed to be very emotional and suicidal, and that they hate their lives for the simpliest of reasons. To tell you the truth, don't believe what people say about emo's. Emo's are just a social group just like the jocks, gansta's, preps, ectetera. I know a lot of emo's, none of which are even close to being suicidal or have a negative output on life the way other people explain it.

People seem to only think this way towards emo's due to the content in "emo music" and by those who entirely blow it out of proportion.

Besides, personally I think that picture is not very good:

1. Too basic.
2. Doesn't make any sense.
3. Not funny.
4. Looks like it took just a couple of minutes to make.

1. That's how basic the covers are [google "for dummies"]
2. If you have been to a public school in north america and have seen the famous emo song video it should.
3. Your opinion
4. It did, only about 10 mins, the razor was tricky.

This wasn't about making a master peace...this pictures purpose was to make someone laugh, and I succeed to some extent, but it seems we have overly defensive emo huggers here so the laughing was thwarted.

"I know a lot of emo's, none of which are even close to being suicidal or have a negative output on life the way other people explain it."

Yea, that is what we call a poser my dear watson. The people in it for the fashion, which are even worse then actual emos, there is nothing more annoying than someone acting to be part of an annoying "subculture" to try and look cool...

"It's like our own Photoshop Phriday =P"

Indeed

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
1. That's how basic the covers are [google "for dummies"]
2. If you have been to a public school in north america and have seen the famous emo song video it should.
3. Your opinion
4. It did, only about 10 mins, the razor was tricky.

This wasn't about making a master peace...this pictures purpose was to make someone laugh, and I succeed to some extent, but it seems we have overly defensive emo huggers here so the laughing was thwarted.

"I know a lot of emo's, none of which are even close to being suicidal or have a negative output on life the way other people explain it."

Yea, that is what we call a poser my dear watson. The people in it for the fashion, which are even worse then actual emos, there is nothing more annoying than someone acting to be part of an annoying "subculture" to try and look cool...
Wikipedia said:
Emo (Slang) - A slang term used to describe a wide range of fashion styles and attitudes somewhat affiliated with emo music.

Emo (Music) - A subgenre of hardcore punk.
Wikipedia said:
There is also a common stereotype that associates "emo" with self-harm, most notably cutting wrists, arms, legs, etc., possibly due to song lyrics associated with so-called "emo" bands, which often speak of acts of self-destruction. Regardless, there is no evidence of any correlation between "emo" and self-harm.
The internet is your main source of information.

Famous internet song in North American public schools? Never heard of it.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
No, it's not conforming to a stereotype that says you have to cut your wrists to be emo.

If a black person isn't good at basketball, is he a poser? No. Just because someone doesn't fit a perceived stereotype, doesn't make them a poser.

Cheers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC is a flaming homosexual.

Now the internet says you are a homosexual, doesn't mean it's right.

"If a black person isn't good at basketball, is he a poser? No. Just because someone doesn't fit a perceived stereotype, doesn't make them a poser."

Ummm... If a black person (emo kid) doesn't play basketball (act emotional) when he is on a basketball team (emo group)...yea I call that posing. People associate fashion with lifestyles too often, like the whole skater trend still somewhat popular today. People going around, carrying a skateboard, wearing all of the skate boarding clothes and apparrel, all signs point to skateboarder, but not actually skateboarding , yea thats a poser. I apply the same reasoning with any other lifestyle or subculture, including emo. and a bonus comparison for you lucky enough to see the white text, a chick going around dressing like a prostitute, talking like a prostitute and basically acting like a prostitute, but not actually getting money for sexual favors, can you guess? PO-PO-PO-POSER! or a slut...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still doesn't change the fact that "you have to cut yourself to be emo" is a stereotype.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed - but there's a difference. People might seek to act 'emo' to fit in with people they know who might also be considered 'emo'. Group acceptance and all that good stuff. People can't really choose to be black or not, so the comparison only stretches so far.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
MC is a flaming homosexual.

Now the internet says you are a homosexual, doesn't mean it's right.
I only used Wikipedia since that is the only source of information I currently have. I'm not out to make you look like a bad person, and I apologize for making it seem like I was trying to do so. I apologize for my comments.

That Wikipedia article is based on actually studies conducted by Sociologists. Sociologists study these kinds of things all the time, and personally having study Sociology I feel it is safe to say that they know what their talking about. Not to mention that I got the article from Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia that enforces fact over biased opinions and false information. A book, and even a teacher can be just as biased and misleading as the internet, it's just a matter of how you place the logic on information you hear or read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom