My contribution to the "for dummies" series

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No apology necessary, we are just having a friendly discussion. =p

"Still doesn't change the fact that "you have to cut yourself to be emo" is a stereotype."

Well even I think that is a bit extreme, and wouldn't encourage that to fit a stereotype, and that's one of the reason I don't support or understand the "hardcore" emos. To me emo is basically just sitting there hating the world and wishing you where dead, but not actually killing yourself, that to me is my ideal emo person, which is why I think its kind of funny, but yes bias on my part, because I can understand that could be considered a hardcore emo poser.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing I hate about the term 'emo' is the extent to which it is used.

Someone is upset that their girlfriend broke up with them, and people shout "ZOMGOSH EMO".

Well, hate to break it to you (not you, but you know what I mean) people have been getting upset over getting dumped by their girlfriend long before someone coined the term emo.

We're starting to live in a world where conveying any sort of emotion, even when justified, automatically earns you the label of emo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, I see that a lot lately, that is very true, now a days, if a song has a hint of emotion it is automatically labeled emo, well if that trend continues, about 95% of all music will be in the emo category, and the other 5% is of course, rap, which has no emotion at all (me being biased again ^_^).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
those are awsome. i'm gonna make one on how to spell, and how to dance.

and how to fight.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
The thing I hate about the term 'emo' is the extent to which it is used.

Someone is upset that their girlfriend broke up with them, and people shout "ZOMGOSH EMO".

Well, hate to break it to you (not you, but you know what I mean) people have been getting upset over getting dumped by their girlfriend long before someone coined the term emo.

We're starting to live in a world where conveying any sort of emotion, even when justified, automatically earns you the label of emo.
I hate that as well,

I know dozens of people who would fit into that "catagory" according to many people here, but they don't.

They actually did cut themselfs, but not because they wanted to be part of a group, but because they wanted the pain inside them to go away, to make them forget that they cut themselfs.

There are people who DO do it for attention, but they also show with it, those I knew allways were hiding it from people, still are, I don't call them emo, they hate lables themselfs because people think they do it for the attention, while they actually want to be left allone, or just talk with someone about it.

I see emo just as a word, as in "emotional", and I did think that picture was funny because I don't realy care for words like emo and poser, for me that picture is just another way to have fun with that word ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i personally dislike emo people, simply for the fact that alot of them jumped on the bandwagon of a fashion trend. when hot topic starts carrying clothes specifically for your sub culture its a bad thing. emo people are like wannabe goth's except they like crappy music.

dont care if you think my opinion is biased i cant stand them.seems like everyone in the music buisness started wearing eye liner and dying thier hair blck just to fit the trend its retarded

Best answers
Emo is just a new group of people.. Just like rappers, metalheads, hippies, junks, jumpers.. Nothing wrong with that imho..

Allthough, emo-people are quite funny when they start to rant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom