My 360 RROD'd, the second time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if I should go and buy the new XBOX 360 S ($200 for 4GB + warranty), pay the $100 fix/refurb and hope it'll never get the RROD again, or do nothing and throw it away.

I'm sad and kinda angry. This is a console I payed almost $500 for, four years ago. Wat do?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You had one of the original models with all of its hardware flaws. Buy the new one, it's sleek as hell and doesn't have any of those flaws. You should never have a problem again.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Towel trick is just a band aid. It is not a permanent solution. How many Red Lights did you get?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The towel trick makes the problem far worse down the line. It's a horrible "solution." Are people seriously still doing that crap?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It RROD's the day we get an Update? CONSPIRACY!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was no doubt the RROD (3 red lights). However I unplugged and plugged the power cables back, and suddenly it was downloading an update with a new menu. Apparently same problem happened to my friend who also has a older model. Did the same thing and it fixed it.

Damn Microsoft, you scary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what the towel trick does is heats up the xbox to a degree that remelts the soders and can re-attach ones that broke off that causes RRoD. It wont always work on all xboxs since theres multiple reasons for a RRoD to occur.

The new 360 can't RRoD. For one it doesnt have red lights to even do it and the heat issue has been greatly improved. There was a graph comparing the models in heating when idle, on dashboard, playing a game and whatnot. The newest model made a great improvement on them all.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buy a PS3 :O

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's just like baking a graphics card.
Yeah, I've seen those 8xxx series card being baked and brought back to alive. That happens at 200 degrees celcius though.
I find it hard to believe clogging up a xbox airflow with a towel, and covering it in one could have the same effect. Still, from testimonies here and on the web, it does hold some merit to it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;B34C9vVAvxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B34C9vVAvxs[/video]

Its magic.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I've seen those 8xxx series card being baked and brought back to alive. That happens at 200 degrees celcius though.
I find it hard to believe clogging up a xbox airflow with a towel, and covering it in one could have the same effect. Still, from testimonies here and on the web, it does hold some merit to it.
Technically, you can also bake your GFX card by turning on your computer without a fan on the GFX card. Or so I have heard. Haven't tried that myself, I have baked one in the oven though, it does wonders, my card started working again. Unfortunately, I hit something else in my laptop, and it stopped working altogether. Life sucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what the towel trick does is heats up the xbox to a degree that remelts the soders and can re-attach ones that broke off that causes RRoD. It wont always work on all xboxs since theres multiple reasons for a RRoD to occur.

The new 360 can't RRoD. For one it doesnt have red lights to even do it[ and the heat issue has been greatly improved. There was a graph comparing the models in heating when idle, on dashboard, playing a game and whatnot. The newest model made a great improvement on them all.
I think the guys at Microsoft are the smartest people on the planet. Best solution to the red ring problem I have ever seen.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Glad to hear that it was just updating.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol. Yeah, the first time someone said bake a graphics card, I had no idea it meant literally. Then when they explained it, made alot of sense. Best solution ever.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not just testimony, I've reproduced those results once. However, turning your Xbox from a 3 red lights and covered to a 2 red lights and not covered is not a really good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom