[mwip]cz22 not esf related

Best answers
i usualy spend most of my time on the NS and TS forums but there is a total lack of skinmeshers around there i heard this community had alot so i need some one to skinmesh this model i made please the polies are at 3600 i know its a bit high but most people i showed it too didnt realy care they said release anyways
here is the image and link to the .3ds is below
http://www.nsarmslab.com/chrono/mirrors/MESHME!.zip

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats actually pretty nice, although i dunno what skinmeshing is...do you mean uvw mapping?

the polycount could probably be lowered a lot, but thats your choice :)

Best answers
yes thats what i mean and i know it can be lowered but to do that i would have to redo some parts

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i skinskin mapped it but im too lazy to skin it. its super nice. so is this gonna be for ts or what, but i dout you could get it in ts cause of the damn hl engine. has like a 2000 poly limit. but its nice, gj.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you using 3ds max? i think theres a tool that will do it for you, called poly cruncher.

Best answers
actualy ive seen 22k polie handguns in half life is the skinmap usable for half life if so please post i got plenty of skinners waiting on this

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
any skinmap will work in any game...just depends on the size of the skin itself, 512x512 should be enough, aaand apparently the blueshift addon does something with the half life engine that ups the polycount a LOT

Best answers
ok thank you then please post the skinmap it would be greatly apreciated

Best answers
well i dont know if you hate skinmapping yourself, or you dont know how to, if you dont know how to then i could direct you to a pretty good skin mapping video tutorial

Best answers
chrono5454 said:
ya i dont know how to do it please give me link to that video
http://www.poopinmymouth.com/tutorial/tutorial.htm, look at character modeling video 7 and 8, he uses a character to do it, but you can apply the same techniques on weapons as well, and what i like about this is that he narriates what he does while the video is running, like having a personal tutor by your side :)

Best answers
i just tried it now and it worked for me, thats wierd, o yea i meant video 6 and 7, not 7 and 8

Best answers
ok thanks downloading now its gonna take a while 120 megs =/ im still waiting for raiko to put up his skinmap of it
and raiko its going to be for TS NS and our half life 2 mod township rebelion if thats alright with you

Best answers
i need a little help im trying to learn to mesh im using 3dsmax to do it but how do i save my mesh as a bitmap so people can skin it?

Best answers
you gotta download texporter plugin, http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/ , after that set the options you want and click on the mesh you want to save and when the window pops up click on the disk and you will be able to save it, or you can send it to me and i can do it for you ;p

Best answers
i would but its no where near done i just did a test mesh of one of my other simple models

Best answers
i need help using textporter i downloaded it installed it and i can see it in the sets place but i have no idea what it does and how to use it

Best answers

hope this explains it (sorry for bad handwriting i have no wacom ;) )

Best answers
ok thank you toast youve been a great help now im getting the hang of meshing but i find it a very slow process

but now i need a little help on mirroring part of the mesh because the other side of this thing is exactly the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom