Mutant Creature Killed: Photos Released!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
look at its heads bone structure, its definately no dog breed ive ever seen before, tbh it looks more hyena-ish, the thing thats weird about it is the way the eye's bulge out. Could just be an unknown dog breed though.

yeah... have you guys ever seen a dog before? look at the size of its head compared to the rest of its body.

edit. and i'm fairly sure its not a chupacobra... thing

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
yeah... have you guys ever seen a dog before? look at the size of its head compared to the rest of its body.
This is a dog:

And this is a dog:

And this is a dog:

All dogs can trace their ancestry back to one species, the wolf:

The point? If this 'monster' is a mutant then every single dog you ever have met in your entire life is a mutant. This is not the X-Men. This is a weird looking feral dog that died and was hyped-up by a media more concerned with what sells than what matters.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Poor dog.

<span style = "font-size: 0.5em">lol it's big foot</span>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks like a dingo.... but from the hills have eyes

edit.

and i was watching a show about how wolves could be traced back to this beast that was sort of like a hyeena and a sabertooth tiger, possibly where felines and dogs could of seperated. was pretty neat actually.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
The point? If this 'monster' is a mutant then every single dog you ever have met in your entire life is a mutant. This is not the X-Men. This is a weird looking feral dog that died and was hyped-up by a media more concerned with what sells than what matters.

The point being, that sad to say, we probably have a hell of a lot of dog experts in the world, well versed in the species evolution with knowledge of breeds, and when a new species is found, its quite a discovery, maybe the crazy supersistitious story put you off the point of the story, which was, this is something new. New nature, oh noes what a bad news story! May be trivial but i'd rather they report on something like this than football, or some other stupid sport i dont give a flying **** about (which also fits the bill of hyped up media more concerned with what sells than what matters). Its all a case of perception, at least they dont report about this kinda **** nightly for half the damn news or have entire television channels dedicated to it. Its on the internet, nobody made you read it, so what they dramatized it? doesnt mean its not valid and afterall you have a mind of your own you can choose to believe that part of it or not.

Sorry, i dont mean to rant, but i dont see the need to be so cynical about this.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Sorry, i dont mean to rant, but i dont see the need to be so cynical about this.
I'd love to read an article about a new breed of dog. I'd love to read something about the new species of dog that are appearing in this world. But this isn't it.

This is ghost story about the "evil-looking" dog from the black lagoon, with curling fangs and a "horrible stench I will never forget." They did everything but blatantly say "Look, we suspect this dog is Lucifer. It is the Dark Lord himself in canine form." And the not-so-subtle theme of keep your children indoors, there are demon-dogs out there!

That is what makes me cynical. It's not the story that I hate. It's the Fox took it, injected it full of ridiculous superstition and fear-mongering, and then slammed it out there to scare the kiddies. In a day and age when the news matters most it pisses me off to see them acting like infants.

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
saw this and figured what the hell i'll post it.

---------
FOXNEWS.COM HOME > SCIENCE > NATURAL SCIENCE
Maine Mystery Beast Possibly Killed by Car
Wednesday, August 16, 2006

PHOTOS

Click image to enlarge
STORIES
?Common Canine Cancer Spread by Renegade Tumor Cells
TURNER, Maine ? Residents are wondering if an animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation.

The animal was found near power lines along Route 4 on Saturday, apparently struck by a car while chasing a cat.

The carcass was photographed and inspected by several people who live in the area, but nobody is sure exactly what it is.

Michelle O'Donnell of Turner spotted the animal near her yard about a week before it was killed. She called it a "hybrid mutant of something."

"It was evil, evil looking. And it had a horrible stench I will never forget," she told the Sun Journal of Lewiston. "We locked eyes for a few seconds and then it took off. I've lived in Maine my whole life and I've never seen anything like it."

For the past 15 years, residents across Androscoggin County have reported seeing and hearing a mysterious animal with chilling monstrous cries and eyes that glow in the night.

The animal has been blamed for attacking and killing a Doberman pinscher and a Rottweiler the past couple of years.

(Story continues below)

ADVERTISEMENTSAdvertise Here

People from Litchfield, Sabattus, Greene, Turner, Lewiston and Auburn have come forward to speak of a mystery monster that roams the woods.

Nobody knows for sure what it is, and theories have ranged from a hyena or dingo to a fisher or coydog, an offspring of a coyote and a wild dog.

Now, people are asking if the mystery beast and the animal killed over the weekend are one and the same.

Wildlife officials and animal control officers declined to go to Turner to examine the remains. By Tuesday, the carcass had been picked clean by vultures and there was not much left of the dead animal.

Loren Coleman, a Portland author and cryptozoologist, said it's unlikely that the animal was anybody's pet.

After reviewing photos of the carcass, Coleman said he was bothered by the animal's ears and snout. It reminded him of a case years ago in northern Maine in which an animal shot by a hunter could not be identified.

In the end, wildlife officials got a DNA analysis that showed the animal was a rare wolf-dog hybrid, he said.

Mike O'Donnell, who is married to Michelle O'Donnell, said the animal looked "half-rodent, half-dog" to him.

It was charcoal gray, weighed between 40 and 50 pounds and had a bushy tail, a short snout, short ears and curled fangs hanging over its lips, he said. It looked like "something out of a Stephen King story."

"This is something I've never seen before. It's an evil-looking thing," he said.
How many times must those church obsessed idiots say "evil-looking thing". Maybe, just maybe, it is an ANIMAL with INSTINCTS. Round up all the fur***s in the local area and question them. They probably created it.

Best answers
Morpherex said:
How many times must those church obsessed idiots say "evil-looking thing". Maybe, just maybe, it is an ANIMAL with INSTINCTS. Round up all the fur***s in the local area and question them. They probably created it.
Look it's eyes and say that it isn't evil :scared: .

Seriously what's so wrong with using evil as a word to define an animal; to be honest I think that many people would rather say that animal looked like it was evil rather than have to think for a different word.

Best answers
clen said:
Look it's eyes and say that it isn't evil :scared: .

Seriously what's so wrong with using evil as a word to define an animal; to be honest I think that many people would rather say that animal looked like it was evil rather than have to think for a different word.
They don't know the word, wierd, odd, different, disfigured?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Evil implies that it goes around toturing children with satanic powers and the like. If the most evil thing on it is it's eyes, how do you think that makes people with googlie eyes feel? Do you think they're evil too? I just think they're a little weird looking, personally, not evil :devgrin:.

I would rather run into this "evil" dog than, say, a non-evil grizzly bear. Much rather.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
It looks like a hybrid dog to me, I can't really see it as a mutant creature :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, they try to make it out like they found the frickin' CERBERUS or something. It's a relatively small, wild dog of unknown breed. It was smelly and (like many dogs) attacked small animals and other dogs. OH NOES! SAVE ME FROM THE EVIL!

It figures... people in Maine are absolutely bonkers.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos said:
There are specific breeders of these hybrids down in florida. Hard to control if inexperianced... the more wolf the more difficult, but not impossible. Something about actually having to earn the animal's respect and trust.
Yeah, dog/wolf hybrids do not make good pets at all, they've got a tendency to be vicious, yet lack the fear of man that full wolves have.

In any case, it's definately a dog or closely related to one. And as for the quotes about the horrible smell? Last I heard, all decaying things smell :p

Best answers
This has nothing to do with mutation :/ Just 2 different kinds of wolf (wolf and dog) having sex and making ugly puppies..

As said before, it's just a wolf-dog hybrid like A LOT of other dog/wolf species.. Few years ago there was this dog-wolf hybrid in belgium killing sheep at quite a fast pace.. People called it the "Waaslandwolf" and talked about a huge wolflike creature that attacks anything in sight.. Eventuallly they killed it, and it was a normal dog-wolf hybrid..

Yes, this fella looks quite ugly, but it has nothing to do with mutation.

Edit: Oh yeah, it happens to be black, so it must be a creatur sent by satan :eek:

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well just maybe, with such a rare occasion of this type of thing happening.
Perhaps! The force of the car hitting the dog actually slightly blew out the dogs eyes a bit!
Giving it a scary looking deformed face!
Also, that the angle the first picture was taken with the ruffled fur around the head further making the dogs face seem more deformed.
Further more, foxnews lol.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hamppu said:

at first sight, it remind me of a squarrel + some human ape + furr combination.
Not sure about you but if you look at his eyes... looks like he's had a joint to many...

Best answers
It looks like dog/wolf not a mutant. It's probably like 1% of every dog ever. It looks like a weird half breed of dogs. Some wolf looking dog with a dog with a short nose and that's it. Or it could be a wild dog or wolf.
I wonder if Fox knows that it's a dog that was abducted by aliens then experimented on and became what it is today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom