Music

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sure would. A bit of a shame though, but I prefer the team going about this the safe way, rather than getting pwned for using copyrighted music. A wise choice. :yes:

zAS

Best answers
Pain said:
I believe Freedom E-Mailed him, and he accepted.

Anyway, even if we could include all the DBZ music with the game, that would make for one hefty installer.
Size matters not my friend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zAS said:
Size matters not my friend.
I'm afraid I have to disagree.

In the hypothetical situation that the team would be able to implement the official DBZ music into the game without legal consequences, adding all the music would severely increase the installer's filesize, and it already is quite hefty. In this situation, it would be best to release it as a seperate downloadable pack, but again, this is impossible since the team doesn't have the permission.

Not everyone will want the music. Not everyone will want to wait an extra hour or two to download stuff they don't want.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and the bandwidth suppliers would be the ones who suffer most.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, most likely. I can't begin to imagine the bandwidth a site like ESF-World uses up, and it'd only get much worse with a huge ass installer, ESPECIALLY if it's the long-awaited-for Beta 1.3.

zAS

Best answers
Well thats just the servers problem.

But anyway, i would recommend the moderators to close this post already as the discussion is getting a bit pointless.

CYA

Best answers
Hey i coulda sworn there was some sort of "mp3" player thing in 1.1, where it would play stuff automatically if you hit f9. I believe there was like a song talking about waking up and forgetting everything or something, cant remember >_>. But i swear that in 1.1 they had an mp3 that you could turn off and on.

zAS

Best answers
So you know what sarcasm is huh?

I think your post was a bit pointless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zAS said:
So you know what sarcasm is huh?

I think your post was a bit pointless.
I think your post was spam. Let's not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you've got the OST's then just play them through the ESF mp3 player (or Winamp), let people choose what music they want to play.

As for 'size matters not', Faulconer has 322 tracks available on general release with more to come. You're average mp3 is around 2mb (tracks are generally shorter than most regular mp3's, although the longest is 11 minutes and the shortest is 22 seconds). 322x2=644mb.

Whoops, you've increased the size of the ESF installer by over three times and broken copywrite. It's better that people just go out and get the albums if they want to listen to them.

zAS

Best answers
It's better that people just go out and get the albums if they want to listen to them.
You guys don't have to say it 500 times in one thread, as you can see I have stopped insisting a long time ago. Now what you guys are doing is just pathetic, insisting and backing each other up like that when i'm not even on the other side of this discussion anymore. First thing is first, I'm not dumb, so if someone tells me something I don't need another guy to tell me the same thing even if its in a different way. Secondly Davidskiwan convinced me with his arguments on his first post (18 messages before this one). OK!!! I GOT THE IDEA: IF I WANT MY DBZ MUSIC, I JUST WILL HAVE TO PUT IT ON MY SELF.

I think your post was spam. Let's not.
If my post was spam, then so was his.

PLEASE SHUT THIS THREAD ALREADY AS IT IS GOING NOWHERE, and there is no need for you guys to reply with a highly level o matureness to tell me off or just to have the last word, which judging on my short and recent stay here you probably WILL do regardless of me NOT wanting to go on with this bull crap.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Per request, I'm closing this thread. If there is to be further discussion of this in a different thread, please be mature and civilized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom