Music software

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Been a long time winamp user, since I've got my new computer I've been using windows media player, and am finding it a bit lack luster, however i find the equaliser and some of the menu's a bit more user friendly. I'm just wondering what do you guys use for your music? any good programs out there I should be aware of?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I use Media Player Classic. For both my video's and music.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
foobar2000. Definitely.

Not only can you modify it to look for your liking, it drains less resources than any music player there i know of.

Also, one of the best equalizers included there is.

For instance, if you want to make it compact, you can do so. You can even make it look like iTunes if you like.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was a huge fan of Music Match Jukebox back in the day, organizing my music is a pretty big concern, and it still does it the best of any player I know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea ever since I got an iPod I've been using iTunes. And that was before I was a Mac user.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Winamp. I just throw all of my songs and podcasts into one playlist and just select the one I want to listen to.

I prefer having everything at the ready, just in case I feel like listening to a particular song.

The only place where I have seperate playlists for stuff is on my Zen Vision M:, but that's only because it keeps things organized when adding new songs. On my player, I normally either select from my custom 'favorites' playlist, or a random song from the entire library.

Best answers
iTunes for now, though I'm thinking about changing that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Windows Media Player 11 for music, VLC player for movies / shows.

I'm thinking of a new player though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good old Windows Media Player. Why fix what isn't broken?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with Delta. I tried WinAmp once but I didn't like it. I'm comfortable with Windows Media Player. D:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good old Windows Media Player. Why fix what isn't broken?
Umm.... I've never had WMP work perfectly for me for extended periods of time. And it has nothing to do with virii, spyware, etc... Every time it gets a big update it breaks the program and I have to find a fix.

That is all anecdotal, but still...

I used to use musicmatch with my computer until uninstalling some completely unrelated burning software ****ed it up. Probably shouldn't have deleted shared libraries :x

Best answers
I'm a diehard iTunes user on both my Mac (duh) and Windows PC.
Well you bought an ipod, so of course you are :p. It's a pretty common/typical combination.

I've just been using Winamp Pro for the time being for most things music related that I do on my boxen. I use Medi Player Classic (K-lite codec pack) for watching DivX/AVIs/DVDs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've used winamp for as long as I can remember, I love the simple playlist and EQ. Plus it's got some of the coolest visualizations I've ever seen XD. I don't like the new bento skin though, it looks alright but the interface isn't as customizable as it should be, so modern skin ftw.

I despise the new WMP. Microsoft seems to be trying to do away with the file>open aspect of it's apps and it confuses me. I should never have to search around an application for over 10 mins for one of the most simple functions any application should have...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom