Muscle Building questions

Best answers
Well, i've been weight lifting for a couple of months now and i think that its time to figure out how to get bigger pecs, because I dont have any pretty much, i just have big arms and some beastly deltoids coming in, and a six pack.( pretty much everything except for the pecs)

So does anyone know how i could build up my Pecs, i dont have a bench to bench press with or a Smith machine, is their any other way I could do this, like push-ups or something? I do have an all in one machine down stairs. (Im sure Sarutobi would know)

nge

Best answers
It's really easy. Either up the amount you're benching, or do pushups. Seriously, pushups work wonders. I'm getting back into working out again, and I only do about 80 a day in 2 sets right now, and I'm getting nasty results.

They're easy and anyone can do them. No machines, no BS, just a straight up workout.

Best answers
okay you want to know how to build pecs more...

A) Diet plan changes to a 6 meal a day, HIGH protein diet

B) You do Incline, decline, close grip, far grip, basic bench flat post, decline dumbbell, incline dumbbell, dips, pushups

If you do that every other day in 3 sets of doing high rep lower weight, you will have amazing chest sizes...i used to weight train like that and before my health problem, ((Once i get my werstling videos up here)) you would see that my upper body was//is huge

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heres a tip:

If you drink soda sometimes (like Orange Soda, Sprite, Coke), just completely, stop. Dont pick up a regular soda, get used to diet soda. My brother lost 40 lbs in about 2-3 months from not drinking a regular soda. I really gotta start doing that because, well, ****, im fat ;_;. I just, hate the taste of diet, but im slowly just doing it...

Best answers
Or you can do what I did to pump up my pecs.
I didn't exactly change my died, I only added to it.
A proteinshake per day, + some other stuff.

As for the workout, Continue benching, however lower your benchlimit, so that you can bench much more before your exhausted.
Sarutobi Sensei already mentioned what would be good to do , but let me remind you. You'll have to exclude the other exercises if your mostly after your pecs right now, so that you can save full strenght for these exercises.

Also if you push yourself about 2 hours daily, I strongly reccomend you do:
Monday, Wednsday, Friday, otherwise you might end up with damage + let your muscles rest. If you want to work out on saturday/sunday too, just do running exercise, but it's very important not to overdo your muscles, otherwise they will not grow.

EDIT: If you switch your diet to what Sarutobi sensei said, You will lose some of your 6pack, if it's very visible as it is. If not, you'll still lose some.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Push-ups will only take you so far. They do work to an extent, but it won't give you the results of a bench-press.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a question of my own, related to this topic.

Should I go into body conditioning/weight lifting for PE next year as one of my classes? would it be a good idea?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
I got a question of my own, related to this topic.

Should I go into body conditioning/weight lifting for PE next year as one of my classes? would it be a good idea?
D'uh. If you can earn credits and get in shape at the same time, do it. I wish I had the time for PE in high school. Now Im too lazy to walk 3 blocks after class to work out, get in shape, and not be so damned weak. Stupid public transit, making me not bike to school...

Yeah, go for it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An incline workout works the top of the chest, an decline workout works the bottom of the chest.

Holding the bar wide works the outside on both pecks and holding the bar narrow works the inside of both peck.

Get yourself a log book and record your workout, mine for example is

Mondays - chest, tricep, delts and abs
Tuesdays - back, biceps
Wednesdays - legs, abs

Depending how quick your body recovers and depending if you are using any maxi-muscle protein drinks depends how quick you will see a difference.

Hope I have helped :)

Edit: BTW,... do 5 sets of "X" amount of weight.

Lighter weights = less sets, more reps = works mainly on toning.
Heavier weights = more sets, less reps = works on size, strength and bulking up (depending on your diet)

Best answers
sadly when i was in high school all i did was bulk up...then in college i stopped and gained an ungodly amount of weight over it...so yea, low weight high rep is the best way to do what you want...after that...then bulk so you can become like me

Best answers
I would bench, but like i said, i dont have access to a SMITH machine or a Bench to bench press with.

I have a e-logbook at www.freetrainers.com, I registered with them and set up a work-out/weight lifting plan to get buffer than I already am.

Last night, i had to do my pecs, they told me to use a SMITH machine and to bench. But like i said, I dont have either of them so i couldn't. Instead of benching I thought that pushups were the same thing, only upside down.
So I put about 50 lbs in a back pack and put it on and popped off 25 pushups or so with it. As for the SMITH machine, i just took 60 lbs and benched that on a 30 degree incline.

I used their water calculator to see how much water i should be drinking and they said for my size it should be about 3 liters, so I've been drinking the 3 liters every day and I dont eat too healthy so I've been taking multivitamins once a day to get a good amount of nutrients to promote muscle growth.

Am I doing the right stuff or am I doing something wrong, and should I weight lift until my muscles ache the next day or what?

Edit: I woke up today and my muscles are aching, am i doing anything wrong or are they supposed to ache, to show that they are rebuilding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom