Best answers
I've got a question. Certain non-player models, such as the aura models, and the dragonball "db.mdl" models change colors for certain characters and at certain times. The aura is a different color for certain colors (purple for Frieza and Buu, green for Cell, white for everybody else, and yellow for SSJ transformations), while the normal dragonball models turn to stone right after they were used, and the dragon grants a wish, and stay stone until a little time passes, and they can be picked up and used again to make another wish.

What I was wondering, how do you make a non-player model do that? How do you create an aura model or a dragonball model that does that? There have been several turbo auras made, and dragonball models that can't change colors. They only are one color. When I decomplile the turbo aura and open up one of the smd files in milkshape, I only see one aura on the model, the normal white aura "blueaura.bmp," though the other colored bmps are in the folder I decompiled it in.

I tried decompiling, and recompiling a dragonball model (db1.mdl) and it was smaller, and missing the second skin (the "stone" skin). I'm not really sure why this happens, and am REALLY in the dark in how to fix it.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (I did a search, and it came up negative), or discussed, and if it has, well, you can beat me with a stick :laff: and if it hasn't, can anyone help me? How do you make aura and dragonball models that have multiple skins that change in the game, like the ones that came with ESF?

Best answers
ok, first u can do it by coding if i´m not totaly wrong, u have to code use that skin at this situation, u understand

second i can help u:D ok for the aura mode:l the aura model´s name MUST be blueaura.bmp, ok then u have to put that into the qc file:

{
{ "blueaura.bmp" }
{ "greenaura.bmp" }
{ "purpleaura.bmp" }
{ "redaura.bmp" }
{ "yellowaura.bmp" }
}
}

so it should work, for the db1 model same u look in hlmv in which the skins are for example:

for the dragon balls, the first skin is normal 2nd is stone, then it should look like this

{
{ "normal.bmp" }
{ " stone.bmp" }
}
}

u have to write the name of the bmp file u want first and second

so any questions??

Best answers
under what part of the qc file do I put the file names in? I can't seem to get it to work.

Best answers
i think it doesnt matter but i add it over the part of the animations

if u want i can send u a qc file with the part in it just pm me or write here your e-mail

Best answers
Thanks! That helped a lot! With some playing around, I was able to edit BIG BOss' Master Aura so that it uses the different colors for each of the different characters (ah, it's hard to say what I did). Now Goku, Trunks, Vegeta, Piccolo, Krillian, and Gohan all have white auras in normal mode, the super saiyans have yellow, Buu and Frieza have purple, and Cell has green, like the default turbo aura.

Of course I'm not releasing it unless i have BIG BOss' permission, since he did most of the work. He MADE the model, and you would get credit too Black.Raiden. I'll send him a message asking him about releasing it.

Best answers
there is no need for that u send it to him, he allready got it, i made it for him:D

Best answers
Ah crap! Of course this happens to me, AGAIN! First with the chaos emeralds, then with this aura. Damn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom