Multiple crash problems

Best answers
I have just bought Half-life 1 on my steam account after seeing this on the mods section on steam shop........this looked really awesome, so i have been playing it....

I really enjoy it so far, but I either cannot connect to a server sometimes because ill have an error pop up saying something about an overflow of something...

Another problem is in the middle of gameplay my whole client will just shut down and cut off.....it also freezes in the middle of melee battles to the point where i have to use a hard shut down....

Any help would be really nice because this is a really fun game!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What version are you using?
What GFX mode are you using?
Are your GFX drivers up to date?
Whats the exact error with the overflow you mentiones?

Best answers
Was using 1.2.3 or w/e
i just downloaded the 1.3 to see what it is like

I just got done formatting my hard drive to install Windows XP x64.
From Vista (32)

So idk if it could be some of my drivers...

---------- Double Post below was added at 06:59 PM has been merged with this post created at 06:56 PM ----------

Im checking to see if i can update my display driver..
I am currently using a Geforce 9500 gt driver, cause that is the graphics card i currently have equipped. Let me see if this will help it out

Best answers
It was on software...i changed it to 3D3.

It does not even go below like 50 fps ever haha. Never have had a crash since then.

But when i sometimes connect to a game it will tell me i have a channel overflow or something...ill have to see what it says exactly when i get home.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The only most stable mode is OpenGL. It's best to use that if you can. The other modes are not that great to use with ESF.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Software mode = the buggiest thing ever. So never use that.

D3D lags but ha less bugs than software.

Open GL = Best choice for ESF. The least amopunt of lag and the least amount of bugs. But youll need to update your graphics drivers. Since standard windows drivers have no support for this mode.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
lol xD wtf use something else then opengl, i only used something else because i didnt have the video card drivers installed after that the game worked perfectly with opengl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom