Multiplayer Games

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking for extremely good multiplayer games. Console only. And please don't add any of the Mario Party or Halo games. I already know they are good.

Super Nintendo, Genesis, N64, Ps1, Ps2, Gamecube are the consoles.

RPG, Fighting, Beat'em Ups, Shooters and Platformers are the types of games I am looking for.

Best answers
Which consoles in general? Also what type of games do you like because it might help us to see what games to suggest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SNES: Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo (max 2p)
Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition (max 2p)
Donkey Kong Country (max 2p)
Super Mario Kart (max 2p or 4p, not sure, 4p will need a special multiplayer tap that adds extra controller ports to the system)

N64:
Star Fox 64 (max 4p)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (max 4p)
GoldenEye (max 4p)
Perfect Dark (max 4p)

Gamecube:
Star Fox: Assault (max 4p)
Pikmin 2 (max 2p)
Soul Calibur 2 (max 2p)
Ikaruga (max 2p)
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (max 2p)

Genesis:
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (max 2p, player 2 controls Tails)

PS1:
Armored Core (max 2p)

PS2:
Zone of The Enders 2 (max 2p)
Dead or Alive 2 (max 2p)

These are about all the ones I can think of right now. Hope it helps any. :3

Best answers
I'm shocked to see SSBM (Super Smash Brothers:Melee) hasnt gotten a mention.

Its easily the greatest game on Gamecube, I still play it almost daily even now.

I'm yet to find another multiplayer game with the same kind of replay value.

Best answers
I'm shocked to see SSBM (Super Smash Brothers:Melee) hasnt gotten a mention.

Its easily the greatest game on Gamecube, I still play it almost daily even now.

I'm yet to find another multiplayer game with the same kind of replay value.
try Battle Stadium D.O.N

Best answers
Well you can always have blast at San Andreas on Ps2, but the fun really doesnt last long unless you play all the islands open...

But a game that equals to Mariokarts fun on PS1 would be Crash team racing, especially if you learn to play it. Its one of the only driving games games, where superior skill wins superior luck.(Hint: Learn the power sliding)

Maximum 4 players with multitap.

Best answers
SNES: Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo (max 2p)
Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition (max 2p)
Donkey Kong Country (max 2p)
Super Mario Kart (max 2p or 4p, not sure, 4p will need a special multiplayer tap that adds extra controller ports to the system)

N64:
Star Fox 64 (max 4p)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (max 4p)
GoldenEye (max 4p)
Perfect Dark (max 4p)

Gamecube:
Star Fox: Assault (max 4p)
Pikmin 2 (max 2p)
Soul Calibur 2 (max 2p)
Ikaruga (max 2p)
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (max 2p)

Genesis:
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (max 2p, player 2 controls Tails)

PS1:
Armored Core (max 2p)

PS2:
Zone of The Enders 2 (max 2p)
Dead or Alive 2 (max 2p)

These are about all the ones I can think of right now. Hope it helps any. :3
everything above mentioned +
Ps2: street fighter 3 (max 2p), garou mark of the wolves(max 2p), capcom vs snk 2 (max 2p), neo contra (max 2p), dbz:budokai 3 (max 2p), street fighter 2 anniversary collection(max 2p), extreme g3 (max 2p)

ps1:super puzzle fighter 2 turbo(max 2p)

n64: mario kart 64 (max 4p), extreme g (max 4p on screen, registry up to 16p possible for a cup), super smash brothers(max 4p)

gamecube: super smash brothers melee (max 4p)

Snes: super bomberman (max 4p), rock and roll racing (max 4p), contra 3/super probotector (max 2p),

Best answers
But a game that equals to Mariokarts fun on PS1 would be Crash team racing, especially if you learn to play it. Its one of the only driving games games, where superior skill wins superior luck.(Hint: Learn the power sliding)

Maximum 4 players with multitap.
In my opinion CTR exceeded Mario Kart, even Double Dash is behind in terms of pure fun and tight gameplay.

CTR is one of the only games I considered myself a "pro" at, once you learn to time the explosive beakers, you can drop them inside Item boxes, so when someone goes to pick up a new weapon...Boom.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude super street fighter sucks.

it was cool i guess, in like 93

get street fighter anniversary edition or whatever, and play street fighter third strike. beat the game and unlock all the extra page stuff. then it becomes a whole new game.

Best answers
In my opinion CTR exceeded Mario Kart, even Double Dash is behind in terms of pure fun and tight gameplay.

CTR is one of the only games I considered myself a "pro" at, once you learn to time the explosive beakers, you can drop them inside Item boxes, so when someone goes to pick up a new weapon...Boom.
Heh, Indeed. Only one thing bothered me was, that if you were on the first place you could get only droppable weapons like TNT and Bottles, while on the last place you could get all kinds of super weapons three times in a row...

But then again what would you do with a Warp ball* if you were on the first place? (*= Weapon that hits person on the first place, and if powered up it hits every person in front of you...)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But then again what would you do with a Warp ball* if you were on the first place? (*= Weapon that hits person on the first place, and if powered up it hits every person in front of you...)
That's the same reason you don't get blue-shells when you're in first place in Mario Kart.

Best answers
i'll offer one game and one game only, Devil May Cry 3, (also Resident Evil 4)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'll offer one game and one game only, Devil May Cry 3, (also Resident Evil 4)
Those aren't multiplayer games...

Kidboy, if any of your friends have a Wii, you could consider letting them lend it to you. The Wii has some great party games. I can recommend Wii Sports most of all. It's incredibly easy to get into and it's a ton of fun with friends. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On ps1 i'd strongly suggest : Team Buddies, Tekken 3 (1vs1 only), Crash Team Racing, And Crash Bash.

I don't know so much about nintendo games, But you should also try out Mario Kart.

One of the greatest games on both n64 and gc is Super smash Bros. (Smash Bros. for n64)
I also found that James Bond : nightfire is fun with 4 players, EVEN THOUGH EA games did it :|

If you would have added Xbox to the list, i would have suggested a whole of good mp. games :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On ps1 i'd strongly suggest : Team Buddies, Tekken 3 (1vs1 only), Crash Team Racing, And Crash Bash.

I don't know so much about nintendo games, But you should also try out Mario Kart.

One of the greatest games on both n64 and gc is Super smash Bros. (Smash Bros. for n64)
I also found that James Bond : nightfire is fun with 4 players, EVEN THOUGH EA games did it :|

If you would have added Xbox to the list, i would have suggested a whole of good mp. games :p
Golden Eye was one of the greatest games, ever on the N64. If they put that on Virtual Console, i'd so pay a whole 2000 points for that. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i forgot golden eye too, thanks for mentioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom