MS Paint GOD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somebody put my jaw back!
That was really impressing!

Best answers
very nice , but i still think it's not mouse made , i mean he used probably a special PC pencil . :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
calling him god goes a little far doesnt it?

this is clearly done with a wacom, and the guy probably isnt drawing this car for the first time, i wouldnt be surprised if he had the original picture under his wacom transparent sheet and drew it over, then later on used it as a reference to figure out where the reflections and shadows should be.

i am pretty impressed with the use of the fill and line tools, and the main conclusion i can draw about this work is; this guy has WAY WAY WAY to much free time, all that work just to impress people on how he uses paint to do this stuff where more advanced imaging programs could let him draw that in 10-20 minutes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i bet it would take a half day to do it, sketched up all with wacom and then he used the line tool mainly. gj!

i dont call him god for this-

Best answers
I think it's fairly obvious that he sketched it on a tablet, but still, his shading and colouring was clearly done using just the shape, line, and fill tools. I'm immensely impressed by those techniques.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
God goes a bit too far but Im pretty impressed by that video.

Best answers
It's the exact same technique some people use to color comic pages in Photoshop (thinking of Spawn for example).. If you can do it in PS, you can do it Paint, period. Nothing godlike to it, no special MSPaint-talents, just basic knowledge of coloring and drawing.

It's nice what he does and yes I am impressed, but calling him god because it's done in Paint is BS.

Best answers
True, people don't realise Paint can be a pretty versatile tool. It's all about how much time you're willing to put into it.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably takes years to master MS Paint
Yes...probably...it's a very advanced painting program.

Bolteh said:
It's the exact same technique some people use to color comic pages in Photoshop (thinking of Spawn for example).. If you can do it in PS, you can do it Paint, period. Nothing godlike to it, no special MSPaint-talents, just basic knowledge of coloring and drawing.

It's nice what he does and yes I am impressed, but calling him god because it's done in Paint is BS.
Quoted for Truth.
It is rather impressive but if it can be done in MSPaint it can be done in PS too.

Best answers

Actually you can play with layers in photoshop which makes the coloring easier because you dont have to draw the lineart over and over again. You can also use different layer for each colour to help with the higlighting. Photoshop also has many tools that can help in the highlighting itself. And you can also revert back to some point of your work if you made a mistake, in paint you can only go 3 steps back (at least in my paint).
Saying "if you can do it with PS, you can do it in Paint" is total BS. At least i couldnt do same type of work with Paint, as i do with photoshop. I'd rather say "If you can make it in Paint, you can make it in photoshop".
But i have to agree with you, that he is not god only because he drew that in paint.

Best answers
I meant that if you can paint and color in PS, you can do it in Paint.. Ofcourse you can't get smooth AA lines and highlights ahd shadows etc in Paint, but the technique he's using to select and define a color for shading/lighting is the exact same technique that some use to do colorstuff in PS (I do anyway)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Definitely impressive.

I've been looking around his other stuff, and I have to say, i'm equally as impressed.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm, looks good.
Probably took him at least a couple hours to make the video/image.
It's all about the amount of time you're willing to dedicate yourself to finishing a picture like this one.

Yum, cel-shading. That's a pretty big resolution too.
Also, calling him a MS-Paint god is over-rating him imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom