💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey folks, ;D :yes:

I have decided to start something, a little "service" or whatever for all the mappers out there.

Send me you're map (In RMF or MAP Format), along with any custom wads used and/or a list of the wads used and I will fix, compile, and tweak/optimize it for better performance (More FPS)

I enjoy tweaking and fixing computers n stuff and after doing the same with a few people's maps I have enjoyed fixing & tweaking maps as well.

NOTE: I will NOT make you a map, nor will I do major editing (involving vertex manipulation).

Best answers
WOW good, but dont u mean r_speeds??? but its good for mappers who needs help with all that stuff (dno what ur talking bout :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
r_speeds, yes, but I put it into simpiler terms or whatever. I just wanna help *shrugs*

Best answers
hey mr. satan what program u use 2 map i use world craft but i dont think im useing the right one

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe I could send you a few maps.
I made two for ESF a long time ago, and was unable to compile them with light.
(Something about No VIS Data, Direct Lighting Only)
Maybe you could fix 'em up and see if you could compile them right.

I like this idea, how did you think of starting this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by DragonDude
Maybe I could send you a few maps.
I made two for ESF a long time ago, and was unable to compile them with light.
(Something about No VIS Data, Direct Lighting Only)
Maybe you could fix 'em up and see if you could compile them right.

I like this idea, how did you think of starting this?
Sure, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it.

Well I got the idea from my enjoyment of tweakin', fixin', and optimizing people's computers, and I know alot about mapping (I'm just not a good mapper unforunatly) like I know all the tech stuff and what-not and I figured, "Hey why the hell not?"

Best answers
Can you tell me in PM what you actually tweak, and how you do it ? I wanna do it myself for my map (that ill finish, A DAY....)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I add null brushes in all needed places, I scale textures bigger (to reduce alot of R_SPEEDS) but not too much so it doesn't look retarted, and I do various outher little fixes where I see it neccessary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr Satan, I compiled a map but it is faulty. Cold Steel tried 2 help (thnx Cold Steel) but it didnt help. So I was wondering cud u compile it for me, and tell me where I went wrong on the map, and also tell me how i can avoid doing that in the future, cos I wanna make much better maps in the near future

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am cancelling this service for now, my work on my mod is taking priority, sorry.

Best answers
Uhm... i have a real crappy leak in my map... U think u could find it if i send u the pts and map files? :confused:
Ive tried everything and not being able to find the leak... There r no enties outside the "world" or other freaky stuff...

:warning: And how do u get more free particles? I only have like 4049 or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom