mp3player and mp_multipleps

Best answers
Hey all..

i was wondering something..

Why is the mp3player and mp_multipleps turned off by default?
i mean.. the multipleps is a verry nice function but it`s useless if it`s turned off.. The most esf servers witch are online at this moment have multipleps off simple because it`s turned off by default..

The mp3player is not so importend as multipleps but it`s also a nice function to have turned on.

Could you guys ( the esf team ) turn the mp3player and mp_multipleps on in the next release ( esf 1.2.2 ).

Thanx.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why would they need to you could just turn it on your self besides my surround sound is always cranked because my dad always uses it and in 1.1 when the mp3 was default on i would go deaf for a full 3 minutes

Best answers
YES. i can turn it on and off whenever i like it BUT alot dedicated servers have it offline by default and they don`t change it that`s why i think that it should be online by default!!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
their not able to keep you from turning it on if you cant do it on the servers theres probably just something wrong with your mp3 player

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can always use your autoexe.cfg file to set this up automatically. Just add the lines in and start the game, will always be on then =).

Best answers
oke listen up PLEASE!!!

I don`t have much problems with the mp3player.. i can just turn it on and off whenever i want BUT mp_multipleps is a function that should be always on!! that was one of the biggest new things is esf 1.1!! it just should be on by DEFAULT!!! i think it will be on by default since pc or harsens or one of the other scripters had released the new multiple ps idea.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ingame MP3 player sucks.

It makes my sound go 3 times faster, and that is stupid.

Its no more, Kaaa meee haaa meee, HAAAA

But HKHAA Me HHA MEEE HAH

if you know what i mean.

Please fix that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe you should get a real sound card instead of an onboard POS. That will fix it.

Not everything wrong with the game is their fault.

As for the mp3 player, you can at least set that to always be on in the autoexec.cfg file. The other setting is up to them. PM Joe about it.

Best answers
mp_multipleps is used to enable/disable multiple ps'ing in free fighting mode (or at least, that's what it used to be, before Joe was messing with it). That's why it says "multiple ps-ing in free fighting mode" in the menu. It's always on in team games.

As for the mp3player, for some people the fmod library and/or my mp3player code doesn't work, or even crashes their computer. That's why we decided to disable the mp3player by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom