MP3 Players

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can anyone recommend a good and affordable MP3 player? I currently have a SanDisk Digital Audio Player that stores up to 1Gb of music. I'm staying away from Ipods since I think they are over-priced plus a few people I know are always having problems with theirs.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Creative Zen is always nice, if you can afford it. I use to own a cheap 256mb MP3 player you could buy in most electronic stores and that did the job for me, the only added cost for me was batteries.

What is your main reason however for wanting anotehr mp3 player and what is your price range for a new one?.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
Creative Zen is always nice, if you can afford it. I use to own a cheap 256mb MP3 player you could buy in most electronic stores and that did the job for me, the only added cost for me was batteries.

What is your main reason however for wanting anotehr mp3 player and what is your price range for a new one?.
I was looking at the Creative Zen players, but I want to see what others would suggest before I decide on picking one up from the store.

Anything that can store more than 1Mb, and the one I'm using is kind of buggy, plus I was kind of looking at the hard drive players since the one I have is a flash player, but either type should suffice.

Lith said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16855157014

I was going to get this but damn friends pursade me into getting a damn shuffle. Yeah you peed on my iPod Shuffle. ;_;

I also heard that the new Sony Walkman MP3 players can recharge fast. Example, recharge it for 3 minutes and it's recharged for 3 hours.
I'll take a look at those.

Anyone have anymore suggestions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Anything that can store more than 1Mb
:eek:

I'd recommend Creative Zen too. I've had mine (Xtra) for over three years, and despite being run over by a car it still works perfectly. The 'Sleek' models look fantastic, or the 'Touch' if your budget is a little lower.

http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=213

Glad to hear you're actually researching mp3 players instead of just going for an iPod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
plus a few people I know are always having problems with theirs
Considering the sheer number of people that have iPods, I wouldn't worry about a few people having difficulties.

I have a Sony Walkman. (one of these) and although I really like it as a player (good battery life, quick recharge, AC adapter actually included (Apple, you suck), and cool display that, well, just look at it) but the software that it needs to work (think Sony iTunes) sucks balls. It's slow and often unresponsive. The music is encrypted when it's on the player so that you need their program installed to even access the music on your computer, and to top it off, the program won't remember you have already encoded that MP3 to ATRAC3 and forces you to re-encode it (you now have two encoded copies of the song at the same bitrate and everything) if you want to re-put it onto the player, say, after reinitializing the disk. Also, it should be noted that while the player can tell me each song I was listening to back in April, it can't display the time (which even their cheap flash drive models can).

I like mine alot, but I have to tell you to stay away simply because Sony should know better than to have such poor software (and it is bad, trust me).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's the upshot of Creative, although they give you Creative Media Organiser (kind've like iTunes) to organise and sync music between devices, it's also fully compatible with Windows Media Player, which is what I use for both PC and portable music. Just plug it in, click the sync button on WMP and hey presto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom