Mp3 Player...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is an old problem ive had since i started Esf but Ive recently got back into trying to fix it. So, my MP3 player crashes my Esf, right after a check the box and press apply. Ive updated my sound drivers, installed and tried more than one fmod.dll, and reinstalled half life and Esf. The problem always persisted but im kinda wanting the MP3 player now :S. So again, if anyone has any insight to an earlier instance of this problem or any idea what is the cause please help. Thanks I appreciate it :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
:Update:
Ive got another, more annoying problem now. I believe its being caused by the problem I started this thread about so im updating instead of making a whole other topic. Sorry if im doing so wrongly, im not sure if you guys allow double posting in an instance like this.

So, since I bought half-life to play esf basically, I decided to try some other mods and get the most out of my money. My problem is with Natural Selection. When I enter a game it freezes within the first five minutes or when I apply any setting in the options. I noticed that there is music while playing NS and the only reason I can think of that would cause the game to crash like this is my half-life Mp3 player problem. The crash seems like its the same thing, so is NS something that crashes very easily for some people? Otherwise Im guessing its because there is music playing. Does anyone here play NS and maybe know of some crashing problems? Im hoping that one solution could solve both problems.

Btw, I would have posted this on NS's official forums but they are down because of a hacker and there were no other active forums I could find. Also this may be more of a "tech bench" question now but Ill let a mod decide if it needs to be moved.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try this: Uninstall EVERYTHING related to Half Life, Steam, ESF and anything else you might have. Then, erase any files left after the installation. Then, if you're using steam, install steam into a different directory. Then install half life into steam, then esf into half life. Ah hell, you know how it goes. The same goes for WON. Just delete everything and change the directory and it will work. And if that doesn't work, then the installer might be corrupt. Try reloading at ESF-World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom