Moving Mouths when talking (like in counter strike)

Best answers
Is it a possibility to have those moving lips like in Counter Strike, when some one uses Voice chat?

Just a suggestion after all ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would look silly. Besides head is not a separate part of the model like in CS. So we would need all animations with moving mouths which would double the animation count. And making the head a separate part of the model just for that feature is kinda to much work for the gain.

Not to mention the current animated mouths wouldnt mix well with that dont you agree.

BTW i dont remember that feature being in CS, or are you talking about CSS?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They had it in CS 1.5 I believe. They have it in CSS as well.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasn't there a movie about gohan and a speech engine ?
Nah. That was DT animating Gohans lips to the song. It was the start of a Rob Zombie song.

[video=youtube;sam-lm3tQvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sam-lm3tQvI[/video]

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure players' mouths are open when they talk in CS 1.6.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, then the movie title is misleading, it says 'speech teaser', making me think that a speech system is in development, not just messing around with random animation which isn't going to be used anyway.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, then the movie title is misleading, it says 'speech teaser', making me think that a speech system is in development, not just messing around with random animation which isn't going to be used anyway.
Mind you we didnt pick that title. The original title was Gohan Zombie or something like that. But that link has long since been removed due to copyright issues because of the song. Its the fans who named it "speech teaser"

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HAHA my VIDEO LIVES ON!!!!

Yeah, that was just a for fun video. That lip sync is not in ESF game itself. I was just playin around.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either way, ESF is a fast paced third person game. Unlike CS which is a slightly slower paced, first person game. You'll hardly notice the moving mouths.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to do moving mouths though so you guys can make some sweet movies with. So it'd actually look like they're talking. Probably do gestures as well, I dunno. All depends on time and willingness of the team. We still do have lots of other stuff to work on.

Best answers
come on add as many features and you would get a excellent quality game worth buying! doesnt matter if its a fast pace..

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hahaha.. I think it is already worth buying! muahahahaha!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'd def pay 10$ for it in a heartbeat, 15 probably, 20 maybe, but I never pay more than 20$ for a game with only MP(Unless MMO, but that's an exception, because it has alot of content)

If you guys added moving mouths, that'd be like chocolate jimmies on the icing on the cake that is ESF. You guys have already done more than enough based on what I've saw - going above and beyond pretty much 98% of mods. To do anymore, for free, is almost a crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom