Best answers
i'm busy trying to make a map with a sort of death ball (sphere made of red liquid that can kill) and would like to know how would i get it to move round on a path?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you cant combinate entities in hl (exept in spirit of halflife and other mods based on its code) so its not possible to make a liquid thing movng like a func_train

Best answers
mmmh...maybe you could do that with a func_train and "damage inflicted when blocked"!
but it would not be liquid! and it would suck...so far

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Point is moot though. func_train doesn't exist in ESF. Hopefully they'll put it in a later version.

-Karrde-

Best answers
why wont you make suggest it in suggestion section?

Best answers
allright, be calm:yes:, happy now? now back 2 topic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why dont you make something, like a death ball as the following:
just make a map, round shaped, and then make the ground, walls, skybox, all deathspamm, (when you touch it you lose health)
and then just make the collors like lava, i dont know if this is what you menth with a deathball, i hope this helped...

Best answers
Originally posted by Wangster
why dont you make something, like a death ball as the following:
just make a map, round shaped, and then make the ground, walls, skybox, all deathspamm, (when you touch it you lose health)
and then just make the collors like lava, i dont know if this is what you menth with a deathball, i hope this helped...
i like that idea! i might just try that... later tho...

my idea was to hav a large landscape map, with a ball of red glowing liquid thats meant to be like frieza's death ball that moves around and incinerates ppl who r careless while fighting... like a moving hazard.

Best answers
Ok i tried copy, pasting the func_train from the HL.fgd to the esf.fgd i only got the func_Train_controls, have anyone had more success with this?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no way you can get func_train into ESF unless harsens codes it in. Even if you managed to get it in there, your map would call for an entity that doesn't exist in other user's ESF. You'd have to script something that patches the ESF fgd. Which brings us back to getting it to function at all. I don't think it'd be very easy to reverse engineer the ESF fgd and get it working.

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by XsilentlyXdiesX
Wes Fix your damn sig
They have Private Messaging for a reason :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope that someone does code it in because I want to use it for my little truck in TM_NorthHighway. Hmmm, I hope that won't slow the release of it though :laff: .

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xsilentlydies is a moderator, i'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back on topic or this thread go closey closey.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom