movie: the fountian

Best answers
after seem the trail in youtube, i really wanna see that movie.

by the way r u guys believe the immortality is actually in the existence?

Xenon

X
i r toly belief tha imortel is alive!!1

Speak like a human being for god sake... And no, immortality doesn't exist, and can never exist. Science says so.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Speak like a human being for god sake... And no, immortality doesn't exist, and can never exist. Science says so.
English isn't john_volkov's first language, not to mention there's no need for flaming another forum member.

Naturally, immortality is impossible. It has been noted that a form of immortality can be achieved through technological augmentations (usually pointed towards nano machines), but that kind of technology is still on the drawing board.

As for the movie, it sounded really interesting though I couldn't find the time to go to my local movie theater to watch it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently & Naturally, all our cells are implanted with a "counter"

This counter makes sure all our cell's will divide up to a certain amount of times and then just stop and die off.
in this lies the key to immortality, disable the timer, disable aging, which means eternal natural rejuvenation... immortality!

which is something that's possible to obtain in the near future but the major concern/problem with this is the moral questions that rise with subject in my honest opinion.

Anyway, on a side note, they have experimented with the removal of this so-called-counter counter in the cell's of fruit flies, early stages of this experiment turned out rather promising
The average life span of these fruit flies increased with 400% compared to their non-altered siblings

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep. They're called telomeres I think, and eventually they just wear off. But it's conceivable to stop that. Work on stopping that, combined with maybe medicinal nanotechnology, and your ass is immortal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just found and watched the trailer on youtube

it's nice, damn nice looking :)

I might go see it, I might not. Who knows.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

As stated above, science pretty much believes the exact opposite of what you posted.

The Fountain isn't really about immortality or a guy trying to become immortal ala Highlander. If you're going to watch it, bring a girl.

Best answers
As stated above, science pretty much believes the exact opposite of what you posted.

The Fountain isn't really about immortality or a guy trying to become immortal ala Highlander. If you're going to watch it, bring a girl.
what is that suppose to mean o_O? about the story i catched some of detail, a guy try to save his woman from deadly deseace but the only way is a fountain which the water can cure all of the ill and deseace and even made people undead.......that's all i knew.

by the the way this movie could be the most femous film of this year. i bet it will.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The director of the film is awesome (Guy that made Pi and Requiem for a Dream), but the story isn't as straightforward as you seem to think. Trust me. If anything, wiki it and read the plot outline. It really isn't what you'd think it is.

Best answers
The director of the film is awesome (Guy that made Pi and Requiem for a Dream), but the story isn't as straightforward as you seem to think. Trust me. If anything, wiki it and read the plot outline. It really isn't what you'd think it is.

i know the detail about that movie.....thx

there's 3 different timeline in the universe(1500, 2000, 2500). but the main characters are doing the same job...to save the girl....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Thats not the damn storyline. Jesus.

Best answers
Damn Bunker, you critically hit the english language quite often.
Stopping the are process and gaining the ability to recreate your cells for an eternity is not possible, nor will it ever be without any type of constant medicine/body implants. Even if there is a way for this to be done, it's not in the near future, and it most defenatly is not immortality.
We spoke about this in our Biology class a while ago, and I asure you, the cells alone do not fully controll your body. There are other type of factors. (This is to Prozac :b)

"Immortality is the concept of existing for a potentially infinite or indeterminate length of time." -> Again, even if you found a way to never die of natural causes you would still be far from immortal. Half of the people in this world don't even die of natural causes anyway, which again means you would still die ;<. And whenever you can die, from whatever at all, you are not immortal :D.

Mmmmmm pie.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Immortality doesn't really mean you can't die ever. It just means you don't age, or age extremely slowly. The Highlander became "immortal" but lob off his head and the power is yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom