mouth movement

Best answers
i think it would be cool, if the game has the characters move their mouth when a person speaks into the mic, just like in Counter Strike. It would make esf movie productions alot cooler. Makes it alot easier then converting esf models into cs models, and duplicating the maps and putting them into the cs maps folder just to shoot a few small closeups.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And what would be the point in this? It wont benifit the game in any way...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm...i must be blind then. Ok it might be good for the movies and converting it to CS maps, but it stills proves nothing in the game. I dont think it's entirely useless but its not a neccessary asset to the game...

Best answers
true, i dunno, i have no experience with coding so i dunno if itd be alot of work, but unless you sittin around chattin or roleplayin id rather have the team workin on the gameplay

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would just cause lag from what I'm lead to understand. Writing in an animation that triggers every single time you use the microphone and / or chat to someone could cause real issues, especially on slower computers. As far as I know there's no way to kill animations on models by just reducing their quality, and if you can't then it would just slow down things for users with older PCs that have trouble running ESF as it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
That would just cause lag from what I'm lead to understand. [...] and if you can't then it would just slow down things for users with older PCs that have trouble running ESF as it is.
as said ...

- lag (ping raises)
- fps drops
- models would need to redone
- new animation(s) needed
- coding (low to high ... depends on the things it should support)

I dislike mic on ESF ... I can imagine a swooping player who talks to me ... or while doing a combo ... or while you're throwing this player ...

it would need double as much animations as currently ...

it's just a waste time time to do this ... for just an annoying eyecandy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, the team already announced that each model will have a moveable mouth. Lag won't be an issue, animations don't cuase much lag however, sprites, and particles do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Actually, the team already announced that each model will have a moveable mouth.
when did we annouce this ???

Phatslugga said:
Lag won't be an issue, animations don't cuase much lag however, sprites, and particles do.
you don't know what lag means ...

FPS drops ~ performance ~ partices & sprites
lag ~ connection ~ more values to send and recieve

Best answers
Could be cool eyecandy. But, the chatter it would cause wouldn't be cool. It would be funny to see Goku's mouth constantly moving because a mic spammer decided to become an internet radio.

Also, I think a loss in overall performance could be consider "lag", in addition to connection. If you want to specify for connection only, I think the word your looking for is "latency".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep said:
when did we annouce this ???

you don't know what lag means ...

FPS drops ~ performance ~ partices & sprites
lag ~ connection ~ more values to send and recieve
Don't assume anything Nretep, I know the difference between lag and chop (fps drop). I say lag becuase everyone associates that with general slow down. A small animation like a mouth movement will not create either lag or chop.

About the mouth movement, the team announced that the adult gohan model will have an animation in which his mouth moves. Shortly afterwards they mentioned that eventually all of the models will be redone to have moveable mouths. I beleive it's also in the radio interview.

As a matter of fact, In CS (Counter-Strike) All of the models mouths move, there are people that just hold down the mic and scream, so the mouth will stay open. If it bothers you, then just mute them. I highly doubt the team would allow Ingame Communication without adding a mute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom