Mouse sensitivity =)

nge

Best answers
Beause it is dependant on your windows settings.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My windows settings are exactly what they were when I first installed XP though <_<.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's also dependant on the mouse you use and how sensitive it is to movement.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are more things that affect it though. Like what mouse your using. I also know wether you have Vsync on or off makes a difference.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vertical sync is a horrible idea for ESF because it places a very small but very noticeable delay on your movements as your video card redraws those extra frames to make sure nothing is tearing.

Also, if you want to get technical, the size of your hand and the flexibility of your wrist, along with the sheer size of your mousepad and whether or not you have a corded versus an optical mouse all affect your sensitivity. There is also a function inside of windows that determines how many signals it will recieve from your mouse at any given time, and with the proper utilities located off of the internet, you can increase said reception (similar to increasing your monitor's refresh rate) to improve response time. It's also impacted by your natural hand eye coordination.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just got out my mate's kensington mouse that he left over here. It's more sensitive to movement I can say, and ingame I can turn angle better with it then my older mouse. I also decided to put my mouse speed down to something lower instead of 90 & beyond, down to 26 - 30 area. I will change it when I trans to 30, and play normal at 26, it seems to work much better that way.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
20 usually, with my mx518 on 1600 DPI.

Best answers
Right now, my mouse sensitivity is on 20, but everyone thinks I play with 80 because I wiggle the mouse around all the time.

Wat

Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Right now, my mouse sensitivity is on 20, but everyone thinks I play with 80 because I wiggle the mouse around all the time.
And THAT explains why you always miss! ( :laff: j/k)

I'm at 50 right now, but it still feels a bit too slow, will probably raise it in a bit.

Also, in the process of changing around my controls. As-if anyone cared.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wat said:
And THAT explains why you always miss! ( :laff: j/k)

I'm at 50 right now, but it still feels a bit too slow, will probably raise it in a bit.

Also, in the process of changing around my controls. As-if anyone cared.
Meh, I use tyo play around somewhere between 60 - 75, & those speeds should by more then enough for good turns, if not a little more and your'e home free ;).

Best answers
mine is at 9.3 some mouse are fast (like mine) and some mouse are slow, but i have a tip for getting used to ur mouse sense in 30 seconds. if u want to know then either reply back here or pm me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I now play on a Logitech MX510 via usb on med acceleration & ingame sensitvity of 18.6. It's a lot easier to play with now due to a better mouse, all my older mice were crap.

Best answers
I'm actually thinking about going back to 80 like I use to play with. I even did good against some people that I usally suck against when I was playing with 80 sensitivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom