Mouse sensitivity =)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jagan said:
Thanks Shiyojin ^^ I didnt know you can do that, lol. I'm trying to up my sens slowly, but im getting REALLY used to 10 now. I have found myself increase a good 20% skill level, lol XD.
Or you can press the ` button next to the 1 button which is near the 2 and the q button. And then type in "sensitivity x" where X is the number you want. Minus the quotation marks.

Best answers
oh alright =) thanks ^^. I moved to 15 sens now. I just thought of something wouldnt the resolution u play in also effect your sens?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it just messes up your fps if you have a high sens and a crappy vid card.

nge

Best answers
Lower resolution is better for worse video cards. It doesn't change sensitivity, but it can help increase FPS.

Best answers
I use 80 right now, on ESF.

Windows is 6/9
Acceleration is the same, 6/9.

Best answers
hmmm... I should check my windows sens too... to compare with you guys. I just gotta figure it out. lol. I've played against some pretty crazy people, like firephoenix, BadKarmaCK, etc... If anyone as good as them, you should teach me to play ;)

Best answers
Well I haven't played ESF for 9 months now (been waiting for 1.3 =D), however when I used to play (as a member of Ocrana) I recall playing with 3.4

I got MX518 now and play CS: S with 0.165. Accerlation is off and I always play with 1600dpi. And no, I'm not one of those "public n00bs".

With this mouse and these settings I'd say 1.5 - 2.0 would suit me in ESF(well, at least around there).
And please, I don't want to hear anything like "z0mg WTF THIS GUY DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO ANGLE AROUND!1!!!!"

PS. Nice to see you Yugi :yes:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people, like myself, don't modify their windows sensitivity. Further, I wouldn't be so sure that the two are in anyway related, I have a feeling half life takes control away from windows during play.

My sensitivity used to be in the 20+ range but now it's back down closer to 8 or 10. I don't play anywhere near like I used to though, or as often, I just prefer the control.

Best answers
hmmm... I see. I've upped my sens to 20 now. (from 15) And, Im kicking butt. However, there are the times where I panic and go all wonky, but if i control it, I kick butt better =P. Hmmm... I think you might be right about the windows Sens Sonic. I tried changing it, didnt effect esf. I need higher FPS though. With FPS_MAX 100, I still only get 30-40 fps. would lowering my res help with fps?

Best answers
Well lowering the res didnt help me :S but maybe it will help u.. And shut off all programs running in the background that u dont need. That should help u get alittle higher fps.. And with high sense i angle better and i can keep better track of the enemy^^ So its easiere for me to win a 2 vs 1 fight =P

And shishou..umm who are u?? o_O do i know u? bad memory^^ hehe

Best answers
hmm I myself use defult 3 but I don't know how you check your windows sens but I'd say I agree it's finidng the balance, I've tried high mouse sens and ok i did slightly better but I also did much worse aginest different people, so i just keep it the same

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try increasing the sensitivity gradually, rather than in one big jump. You wont find yourself turning too sharply and it feels much more natural.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're comfortable with a lower sense, use the lower sense. You shouldn't force yourself to use a higher sense, use what feels right.

Best answers
Yugi_Yami said:
Well lowering the res didnt help me :S but maybe it will help u.. And shut off all programs running in the background that u dont need. That should help u get alittle higher fps.. And with high sense i angle better and i can keep better track of the enemy^^ So its easiere for me to win a 2 vs 1 fight =P

And shishou..umm who are u?? o_O do i know u? bad memory^^ hehe
Used to play with you few times. You prolly can't remember. (I was with Master Roshi aka Goku), and didn't LSSJ had a match against Muji? (Another clan I was in)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Three. Do not laugh, I can own a 90-year old sensei with that. Considering he does not have ESF. Nor a computer.

Best answers
hmm..not that i remember.. I dont think lssj had a match vs muji. Anyways good to see u ^^

Best answers
yeah, not matter what I do, i still get crappy FPS, so... I cant go anyhigher with my sens... I'll stay at 20 too then =) Thanks alot guys =). If you have fighting tips you'd like to show me, PM me ;) lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom