Mouse sensitivity...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This happens to me only when im playing Esf it seems... While im playing my mouse senstivity will change, it usually slows down. All of the mouse settings on my comp and in-game stay the same, the mouse just slows to the point where I cant turn 180 degrees without picking up the mouse multiple times. It goes back to normal after I restart my computer but its been happening fairly often recently and I hate having to stop a match or run off behind a builing to readjust my ingame mouse sensitivity. Anyone got an idea whats causing this? because I have no clue where to look.

Best answers
Is your computer lagging. Post your computer specs.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I dont think its lag because my fps stays the same, its like just the sensitivity is lowered. I doubt my specs are the problem though.

-Pentium 4 3.40Ghz
-1GB RAM
-ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700

nge

Best answers
Firstly, clean your mouse.

Secondly, turn off mouse sensitivity. There is a reg fix that removes it entirely until re-enabled, much better than unchecking the "enhance pointer precision" box.

If it still happens after both of those, re-post.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
nge said:
Firstly, clean your mouse.

Secondly, turn off mouse sensitivity. There is a reg fix that removes it entirely until re-enabled, much better than unchecking the "enhance pointer precision" box.

If it still happens after both of those, re-post.
I dont use enhance pointer precision, but what is a reg fix and where can I get it? Other than that I dont know exactly what you mean by turn off mouse sensitivity. Oh yea, my mouse is clean.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why this wasn't asked already but what kind of mouse do you have? and also how long have you had this mouse for?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its a Logitech Mx 518, running the default driver settings. Ive had it since September.

Best answers
Try to reinstall the mouse drivers or look for newer drivers. Also, check your mice in the Control panel. Maybe there is a conflict going on with this thing.

And have you tried it on other games at all? Try playing Half Life and see if it does it in there too. It maybe half-life that is the problem.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Unfortunately Ive already reinstalled the latest drivers trying to fix it and have still had the problem =/. Ill play half-life for a little while but its not really something I can test at any given moment. On average it happens about once a day, usually after ive already been playing for a while.

Also the driver has a setting to use the OS mouse settings and its been doing that as a default so they probably arnt conflicting with each other.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"The Logitech mouse lets you set it's sensitivity to multiples of 50. I normally have it at 1000dpi. I never use the mouse at 1600dpi for two reasons.
Firstly it doesn't cope well with major accelerations at it's maximum dpi. So if I turn 180degrees suddenly it will struggle. At a lower dpi (1450 or below) it is fine - no problems even when I do fast spins.
Secondly if you want to keep the amount of desk space you use to turn 180degrees the same, the higher your mouse dpi, the lower your the in-game sensitivity will need to be set. The smaller the number you are changing the higher the % change of the number. With older games, at 1600dpi I am making 3% changes with each setting change, and this is too inaccurate."

I found this at one website maybe this could be the problem?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Phobius said:
"The Logitech mouse lets you set it's sensitivity to multiples of 50. I normally have it at 1000dpi. I never use the mouse at 1600dpi for two reasons.
Firstly it doesn't cope well with major accelerations at it's maximum dpi. So if I turn 180degrees suddenly it will struggle. At a lower dpi (1450 or below) it is fine - no problems even when I do fast spins.
Secondly if you want to keep the amount of desk space you use to turn 180degrees the same, the higher your mouse dpi, the lower your the in-game sensitivity will need to be set. The smaller the number you are changing the higher the % change of the number. With older games, at 1600dpi I am making 3% changes with each setting change, and this is too inaccurate."

I found this at one website maybe this could be the problem?
Yea this could be the problem. I do play at the max dpi which is 1600 :rolleyes: . Ill try letting it off to 1000 and play at a higher sensitivity ingame. Thanks Phob and everyone else :yes:

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a problem. I was wondering how I was beating you when you fought at times. o_o o_o o_o o_o

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes my mouse stops responding (although the red light underneath is still on) and I am unable to turn, nor dive nor rise.

His problem isn't even related to mine, but I'll screw around with the dpi transmogrifier settings...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
try this, go to ftp.thecpl.com, look for mouse fix , and dl that. When you click on it, it will ask if you want to add it to the registry, and click ok. Then restart. It will turn off all mouse accel in windows. Pretty much all competitive gamers use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom