[Mouse Rotation] triggering model movement

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This one's out to the ESF team. I don't recall reading anything about this, but I was curious to know if the team's done anything different with the mouse rotating and how it triggers model movement; rotating, looking up, forward and down. If anyone's played CS, HL, HL2 or CS S you may have noticed when a player looks upward the player model's entire upper half (including waist, arms and weapon) looks upward, but the feet don't move. In ESF, when anyone looks upward the model's entire body faces upward. I guess I'm just curious to know if this idea has ever been considered... or perhaps even already implemented for 1.3. I suppose I'm acting like this is important... well, it is.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
This one's out to the ESF team. I don't recall reading anything about this, but I was curious to know if the team's done anything different with the mouse rotating and how it triggers model movement; rotating, looking up, forward and down. If anyone's played CS, HL, HL2 or CS S you may have noticed when a player looks upward the player model's entire upper half (including waist, arms and weapon) looks upward, but the feet don't move. In ESF, when anyone looks upward the model's entire body faces upward. I guess I'm just curious to know if this idea has ever been considered... or perhaps even already implemented for 1.3. I suppose I'm acting like this is important... well, it is.
Its made like that if so that if you swoop up you dont only halfly go up.

Flying and only runing on the ground are totaly difrent regarding wiev.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i've seen that in 1.3 swooping requires a 1 second activation cooldown , i think it would bee neat if you look up the left foot to move a little backwords and the whole body to be faced up , when u swoop the cooldown to bee like a croach with a twist :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe they can just make it that when you look up the characters face just moves, so no other movement, then when he looks down, the faces looks down or something...well I dont know, just a suggestion.

Best answers
I hate the moving of the crosshair. If it would stand still aiming would be much easier. Perhaps this could make the gameplay better.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
its think its just fine as it is now.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The coders got rid of it in the beta 1.0. So its their fault :) and now that Ive done about 10000000000 animations, I aint going back to redo them. k? ok agreed :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
The coders got rid of it in the beta 1.0. So its their fault :) and now that Ive done about 10000000000 animations, I aint going back to redo them. k? ok agreed :)
Why are you posting here ? Get back to work, you lazy bum ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom