Mouse Problems (on-screen)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My mouse cursor jumps positions on the screen randomly at times. Like, I can be moving it left, then it all of a sudden pops back up at the right side of the screen. Sometimes the mousewheel will do it's own thing and scroll to the bottom of a webpage. Or, if I'm in a PC Game which is a first person shooter, i find myself looking at the bottom right corner of my screen at times. And since my mouswheele is the function for switching weapons, they switch automatically sometimes which is agrivating as crap. Any way to fix this? Oh yeah, this mouse manuvers on a mouseball, not one of those laser ones.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i gues you get a virus,trojan or something like that... i had the same **** once and i scanned my comp... it was a trojan.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you checked for any suspicious processes running in task manger as yet ?. Used a virus scanner ? tweaked your mouse settings. I had an old ball mouse do this till it died. What mouse are you using ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm on compaqs factory mouse, and I'm running a virus scan with McAfee now.

edit:

Ran 3 scans using McAfee, Norton, and AVG and no virus were found. I even downloaded some utilities from Symatec and still nothing found. So it has to be hardware problems?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you tried any other mice ?***just realised it was a ball mouse o_O /me needs sleep*** tried a different usb port (unless it's a ps2 port mouse , not sure if you have a ps2/usb converter though) ? ran any spyware/adware checks ? does your hdd need a defrag ?

sorry to play 21 questions , but i am just pointing out possible factors that i can think of that could possibly be the problem. Maybe the mouse got sick of Rat posion and is dying :(

Best answers
First Take the ball thing out of the bottom of the mouse and use a knife or something to scrape the gray dusty stuff off of the three wheels inside it. Then try this. My Computer(right click)>Properties>Hardware tab>device manager>click the + by pointers and other pointing devices>click your mouse that you have(right click)>update drivers. Maybe its got a fix for it that you need to download and it should update it automatically when you click that. Otherwise get an optical mouse. I found one at target for like 13 bucks. I'm pretty sure theres a target where you live because i live in indiana and your somewhere in us right? If you dont have a target try walmart,best buy, whatever is closest or cheapest. You should be able to get one for pretty cheap. but if its a usb port mouse and u have windows xp you might not want to install it but itll still work. I installed mine and it screwed my computer so i ha d to do systems restore. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol if i go with any type of hardware, i only trust logitech. ima check into buying a new mouse.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice Man said:
My mouse cursor jumps positions on the screen randomly at times. Like, I can be moving it left, then it all of a sudden pops back up at the right side of the screen. Sometimes the mousewheel will do it's own thing and scroll to the bottom of a webpage. Or, if I'm in a PC Game which is a first person shooter, i find myself looking at the bottom right corner of my screen at times. And since my mouswheele is the function for switching weapons, they switch automatically sometimes which is agrivating as crap. Any way to fix this? Oh yeah, this mouse manuvers on a mouseball, not one of those laser ones.
heh. the exact same happens to me too, except that i am using a microsoft mouse wheel and the plastic on it is turning yellow. guess getting a new mouse would fix this

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh, this is freakin annoying. i've searched google, microsoft, symatec, norton, mcafee, avg... and nothing. i think ima just backup my files and do a reformatt. it's time for one anywayz.

Best answers
Did you clean the mouse and update the driver that should work. If you can't figure out how to do it or something IM me on AIM.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, I had this problem once. It turns out to be the mouse. Try any other mouses you have and try them to see it it's still doing the same exact thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i had a peice of pencil led in the mouse *from cleaning it with a mechanical pencil to reach the corners* i pried it out, and so far im good... it's only been 10 minutes so it isn't official

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom