Mouse is messed up

Best answers
Basically, when I boot up my PC my mouse doesn't work. The mouse pointer isn't even there. This happened a few days back but after a couple of reboots the mouse worked fine. Now it's consistently not working, and I've got no idea what might be wrong with it. I'm going to try a different mouse soon, but I'd appreciate any solutions.

Also, not sure whether this is related in any way - today I got a message saying that my hardware configuration has changed significantly since I first installed windows and it wants me to reactivate. No idea why it's saying that, as the only thing I've added since my last activation is a 1gb stick of ram. Any ideas on what's up with this?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I wanted to post here yesterday already, but didn't thought my reply would actually be useful. I thought someone else would reply with a good solution, yet i don't see a reply in here. So i will give my own reply, my thoughts about it.

I'm thinking of a few things:

1), The Mouse Slot "might" be broken?
2), The Hardware is totally wrongly installed on your operation system. Might be corrupted. (check your hardware settings)
3), Your operation system "might" be messed up.
4), Or the mouse itself might be broken, as you said. Tried using another mosue yet?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While it may not seem related in some ways, though could help, have you tried updating your mainboard drivers &/or updating your bios?. I think you mainboard might have an issue with reading 1gb sticks, I dunno if your is doubled sided or not but see what a bios update does. It could likely fix the problem.

Best answers
I don't think it's an issue with reading 1gb sticks. I've had it in for a month or two now with no problems what so ever.

I tried another mouse, but that also didn't work. I checked device manager to check my mouse drivers, and it said there was a problem with them. So I uninstalled them, figuring that Windows would automatically reinstall them and my problem would be solved. However, when it trys to install the driver I get this message

"There was a problem installing this hardware

[picture of a mouse] Unknown

An error ocurred during the installation of the device

The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request"

I'd have provided a pic, but doing things with just a keyboard is proving tough!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, the only way (that i know) to fix that problem is searching for the mouse model on the internet, and to download the mouse drivers.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmm, sounds like your system is cutting off power to a USB Root Hub (Assuming that your mouse is a USB). Here's what you can try, but you'll need those drivers before this will work:

1. Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware and click on the "Device Manager" button.

2. Now look for "Universal Serial Bus Controllers." Open it, and go through all of the items labeled "USB Root Hub".

3. In the USB Root Hub Properties window, click on "Power Management".

4. "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."

Best answers
What kind of mouse is it? My Razer Copperhead does the same thing from time to time, and I fix it by switching usb ports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom