Mount&Blade Expansion Announced

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mount & Blade Multiplayer Expansion Announced

The first expansion pack for the critically acclaimed Mount & Blade was demo’ed publicly for the first time by developer Taleworlds and introduced a number of features that players have requested and which will vastly improve their enjoyment of the game;

• Improved strategic AI
  • Extended diplomatic options allowing the player to wield more power
  • State-of the-Art rendering technologies introduced for the first time, including the addition of High Dynamic Range (HDR)
  • Brand new multiplayer feature including the ability for 32 players (possibly more – TBC) to play on a single map in team death-match style battles
Source: http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-8154-Paradox-Interactive-New-Titles-Announcement.html

armagan said:
Great to see the excitement about the expansion pack. We were very excited as well and looking foward to sharing the news with the community. :)

I see that there are some valid concerns. Let me address them briefly here:

-Multiplayer will not be the only new feature in the expansion pack and we`ll do our best to improve other aspects of the game.

-The main reason we wanted to include multiplayer is so that we can play it ourselves. :p You can be sure we'll do our best to make it fun. I hate exploits and unrealistic tactics in games as much as you, so we'll do our best to avoid those. We'll also no doubt have some sort of beta program so we'll get feedback from the players before any features are finalized.

-Players will definitely be able to run their own servers, though we want to have some official servers as well.

-Actually, our publishers have never interfered with our creative vision. The reason I opted for implementing multiplayer battles instead of focusing on cooperative multiplayer is because cooperative mp is even more difficult than what we are doing now (since you have to handle map movement, parties, various menu windows and everything else) while at the same time, it is much more restrictive. With the current system, apart from playing against humans, you'll be able to team up with your buddies against any number of AI opponents and play a cooperative game (albeit without the campaign aspect) so in a sense we'll have the best of two worlds.

-We are trying to be very careful to keep compatibility with the existing module system. (So far the only incompatibility is in module_animations) Therefore, porting will hopefully be very easy.

-Of course everything is not rosy and come out we are still at a very early stage and wondering how we'll overcome various hurdles. Compansating for lag is a particular problem, since the game allows you to become up close and personal with your enemies and observing your opponents moves and countering them is so essential. We are trying to be creative here and we'll adjust the gameplay if necessary, but there is only so much we can do and if you are on a slow connection or if the server you are playing at is too far your game may inevitably become somewhat sluggish compared to the single player game. We'll of course try our best to keep that to a minimum.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I am looking forward to find out how this will come out along with everyone else.
Source: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,56145.msg1454152.html#msg1454152

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well last i tried that game i liked the koncept. The whole war betwean kingdoms is nice and all. But that gets lost when the war only means fight them on the field. It was missing stuff like fortress attacks and all that (even if there were 2 castles ready to be taken by the player the 50 other ones were mostly just scenery)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom